New Tow Vehicle info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jvand

We are looking for a new tow vehicle probably a 3500 srw with a diesel engine.  Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of the new Ford and GM Engines with the Ureah additive.  We have run both Dodges and Chevrolets in the past and like the Duramax with the Allison Transmission but have reservations about the Urea.  The Dodge does not yet need it and without question the Cummins is a good strong engine but on our last Dodge we had problems with the transmission and carrying capacity.  We do not know much about the Ford other than the previous engine had many issues. 

Any input with regard to Urea, gas mileage and truck quality would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I googled urea injection and found this discussion on a diesel forum..
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=5c25a604b2aee20af9e5cd3af2923989&t=86340&page=2

I read the first page and a bit....interesting technology.
As for the questions about mileage and quality here is what I think...
Your mileage will depend more on what you are towing and your driving style etc... Sure one brand may have the other beat on mpg by a bit, but that owuld not change my mind one way or the other because without even checking you know they will be close.
As for quality I see more Ford's around here than anything else which tells me they are more reliable; because up here you need a reliable vehicle. Also maybe go to a few truck forums and look there for any persistent problems the trucks might have.

my .02 cents

So far the reports on the 2011 Ford are good.  I can't speak personally, but those I've talked with have been very happy with their truck.

My only data is my stepson who could have any PU available and he buys nothing but F250 Diesels.  He loves 'em.

I would never buy one though... I like my Itasca and Jeep toad just fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom