New Travel Trailer and Warranty Claim Expectations (Inside of 1 Year)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steelmooch

Hello, all...thanks for your time and consideration.

After trading in a 17 foot Winnebago Micro Minnie that the family out-grew, and trading in a 28 foot Winnebago Minnie that we had to keep in a campground (limiting its use and enjoyment for us), we ended up with a 2021 Keystone Outback Ultra Lite 210URS. (This is the one with the sort of unique, rear "bedroom" slide.).

After a couple of weekends out before it was time for us to winterize, the *main things* were in working order and good.

However, I'm rather alarmed at all the little things that I did not notice during my walkthrough. I realize that's ultimately *on me*, but wondering what you think about the following, as pertaining to the 1-year overall warranty.

A) I've got graphics starting to peel in several places. Nothing major or an eye-sore...I thought about razor-knifing the (maybe 10% of a dollar bill) loose areas and being done with it, but on the other hand, you shouldn't have to do that on a brand-new travel trailer. Is that something the average dealership would fix under warranty? Are they going to wiggle out of that one?

B) The trim around the slide-out is attached and the slider works, but it looks like someone did that woodwork about "twelve drinks in", if you know what I mean. Any realistic chance that a full-service dealership un-does some trim work to make it more aesthetically pleasing as part of a warranty claim?

C) I had several places around my gutters where there was a leaking seam (running down the outside of the camper). I fixed those with silicone caulk because it seemed like the right thing to do, but now questioning whether I spoiled any chance at a warranty repair?

D) This is unique to the 210URS - I've never seen this on any other fiberglass camper - but I can see 4 bulging "anchor points" underneath the fiberglass near each corner of the rear slide-out. Is this normal? Is this something that's going to cause a problem down the road and that I should insist be remediated?

Thanks...any and all info is much appreciated. :).

Happy travels, all.

Sadly, defects ranging from sloppy workmanship to gross mistakes are all-too-common in RVs. As for dealer warranty service, it varies. A good dealer will go to bat for you and try to convince the manufacturer to do the right thing. Others will simply file a warranty claim and accept whatever the factory answers, while some will actually try to avoid doing anything. Dealers with limited or very busy repair shops often aren't very interested in low-paying warranty work or non-emergency fixes. We have no way of knowing what your dealer is like.

A. I would insist that any peeling graphics are replaced. It's a defect.
B. All you can do is ask. The squeaky wheel gets greased if it is annoying enough.
C. If your silicone fix worked, what more are you looking for?
D. It's not uncommon to see indications of things under the fiberglass skin, so it depends on the degree of "bulging". Might need to bring it to the attention of Keystone itself, but if they say "Yeah, that's the way it is", you are probably out of luck unless you raise it to the level of a lawsuit.

Thank you, Gary!!! Much appreciated. I feel more confident now about my dealings with the dealership...where it's worth pushing and where it probably isn't. :).

Thank you again.

I've learned a lot from you over the years and appreciate your kindness and expertise.

You left Winnebago, but I must say my warranty experience has been terrific. I picked up our new tt in December, then submitted several items in Jan after a cross country trip. All were approved right away with the written estimate. My repair dealer repaired what he could, and its fully useable while awaiting some parts (light, edging). Good luck.

Winnebago left *us* when they made our longtime dealership a non-distributor, but glad you had such a positive warranty experience, smarty pants! 😂🙄

You left Winnebago, but I must say my warranty experience has been terrific. I picked up our new tt in December, then submitted several items in Jan after a cross country trip. All were approved right away with the written estimate. My repair dealer repaired what he could, and its fully useable while awaiting some parts (light, edging). Good luck.
That's the first time in the modern era that I have read something like that. Tell us about your warranty issues.

Sure. The led above the sink stopped working after we left the dealership. The pull down faucet wouldn’t go back. 2 of 3 stove burners wouldn’t light with the starter. The screen door wouldn’t latch. More seriously the water heater didn’t work on elec after 1 day, and didn’t work on lp after 2 days, and the shower base leaked all around the back floor and walls. Had some other issues I worked myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueupnorth
Back
Top Bottom