New VMSpc system, with Bluetooth!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly I haven't had the chance to find out yet! But that is a good point. I will be keeping it plugged in to a 12 volt adapter that I installed under the dash for a variety of additional toys I have installed like a TPMS system and a Garmin GPS.  If necessary I can change the settings to prevent it from going to sleep.

Marty, how about data logging for trend analysis? Doesn't the PC allow that?

Do you know if the Bluetooth JIB can also talk to the PC version?

I don't believe that the USB JIB will have any functionality via Bluetooth, and vise-versa. I can tell you that the Bluetooth JIB has no other connectors available other than the connector to the engine data port. 

I do believe that all functions that are available on the USB JIB will be replicated on the Bluetooth JIB.  As Silverleaf said, "there is plenty of room on the Bluetooth JIB, it just has to be completed". 

I would love to see a tablet version that retained the customized screen of the PC version.

I would guess Silverleaf is using the same electronics in all the JIBs, other than the connection to the PC or tablet.  Serial, USB and Bluetooth are just connections and should be independent of the rest of the JIB logic.  The limitations would be in the programming for the tablet vs. the PC program.

I think that it would be a matter of personal choice. My tablet is a 10" screen which makes it very easy see several gauges. The only real must have is the tablet must have Bluetooth. Some of the less expensive models don't have Bluetooth in order to save a few bucks. Other than that, it's what ever features you like and what your budget will afford.

We were at the Silverleaf booth today and they are still developing the software for the GUI.  At this point you cannot create a personalized gauge layout as you can with a windows computer.

SargeW said:
Did they say if it was on the drawing board?  Where is the rally at?

Sarge

We were at the Western Area FMCA Rally in Indio. On the drawing board yes but no definitive date or priority for finishing.

DakotaRed said:
If you were to buy a tablet for the express purpose of using the VMSpc system, is there one in particular that you would recommend?

Pretty sure he said it wouldn't work with Ipad's bluetooth. 

Both the VMSPC Bluetooth and the Scangauge are light years behind. The new VMSPC does not display any actual gauges and the Scangauge only shows 4 at a time. Those with gas engines can get the Ultragauge for under $70.00 including a display. There is another device (Bluetooth) that is under $20.00 and it is Bluetooth with real gauges. It is time for someone to make similar devices for Diesels.

I recently installed a Silverleaf VMSair, which displays on a dash-mounted Samsung tablet but I sometimes get an erratic indication for my engine oil pressure and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. The color-bar on the right side of the display will often turn red for a few moments, (anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds), then either switch to yellow and then green or it will switch straight to green. When the color switches to red, there seems to be no pattern and the numeric display always indicates a relatively stable oil pressure - fluctuating only a few PSI as engine RPMs change.

I'm quite sure there's nothing wrong with the engine oil pressure system, or I'd be getting other indications of it, and this only happens with the engine oil pressure indication. Has anyone else with this system experienced this and if so, were you able to correct it? My next call is to Silverleaf.

Kev

I have never noticed a fluctuation on mine Kev, but from what you describe it sounds like a loose wire on a sensor. What if you go into setup and adjust the pressure parameters a bit?  Could be they are set just a little too close together and are triggering the warning light.

And I trust that nothing is showing up on the diagnostic screen?

Thanks Marty. Yeah I'm going to have to dig into the parameter settings... again. I doubt it's a loose wire, because the numeric display is consistent. It's just the little color icon that changes erratically. I think a loose wire (intermittent connection) would cause both to be erratic. I'll dig into the parameter settings and then give Silverleaf a call if I can't figure it out. Other than this one glitch, I love the thing.

Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves on your trip.

Kev 

Yeah you are right Kev, if the pressure numbers are still solid, I would bet the sensor is fine.  The trip is going well, but we are growing really tired of humidity!  We are working our way west, leaving east Texas tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom