Newbie can't figure out control Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClintKent

I have a 1989 itasca sunflyer and I can't figure out how to get my control Center  to turn on. I tried turning aux power on, turning engine on and using generator. Is there a secret? Thanks

If you're referring to the Intelletic load controller, there will be a fuse in the breaker panel on the control board. Also there is a fuse on the back of the monitor panel. Most likely the plug on the back of the panel will be loose or corroded.

More info would help with diagnosis

ClintKent:
  I had a 1986 Minnie Winnie and it had this exact same panel.  Here's how it works.  You press each of the toggels moving from left to right one at a time.  As you press and hold each one, the lights on the right light up to indicate how much fresh water you have in the tank, how much propane you have in the tank, how full your grey tank or black tank is.  The lights only light up when you have the switched held on.  the minute you let go, the lights go out.  The water pump and water heatewr switches are pretty normal.  When you press then up they are on and when you press them down they are off. Hope this helps.

Steve

Clint, usually it's just a bunch of wires that are routed to the rear of the monitor panel. If none of those switches are working, there may be a master switch somewhere that needs to be turned on (if there is one, it may be located near the entry way), or your batteries may be dead. Do your interior roof lights work? Your water heater operates off of propane and there may also be an electric heating element too. If there is, it will run off of 120 volts and there will be two separate switches to turn them on and off - one for propane, which usually has a red light to indicate when it's on, and one for electric. When you turn the water pump on, you should initially hear it running for a moment as it pressurizes the system. If you don't hear anything, I'd suspect a dead battery or the Coach/House master switch is off.

Coaches are often different from one another and I don't have any experience with your model. Take your time and it will all start to make sense.

Kev

Batteries are good and working. I don't know where to turn the water pump on either. Maybe on the monitor panel but I still can't get that to work. I will check the wiring in the morning.

First make sure your 12 volt is working, Turn on a light,, (lights are usually 12 volt)

Now, press teh LP button, one or more of the LED's to the right should light.. Indicating level, or something resembling it, note this display may not be accurate.

Press WATER level and the lights SHOULD indicate the level of fresh water, if any, in the tank.

Pressing HT-1 or HT-2 should likely show 3/4 full.. Does not mater if the tanks are empty, those sensors are not noted for working after first use..  Unless he upgraded them.

Water pump and water heater are ON/OFF switches, leave OFF unless you have water in the heater please.

Water pump works with fresh water tank to provide flow to your faucets, and of course to fill the Heater.

Hood fan is the range hood fan, self explanatory and likewise "hood light" (the light under the hood if not burned out).

Does this help?

Thank you everyone for the help. I took the whole monitor panel apart and saw the fuse on the back had no cap and no fuse. So I took an extra 15 v fuse and took the ends off the empty fuse container and attached them together. Then I reattached the harness and tried the tank level and IT Worked!

Ok, back to the control center above....... this one is for my 1989 Minnie Winnie please...
I'd like to confirm that when I flip the Water Heater toggle switch on, the W.H. out light comes on......this means the Water Heater is empty right?

Thanks,

fiddlman

fiddlman said:
Ok, back to the control center above....... this one is for my 1989 Minnie Winnie please...
I'd like to confirm that when I flip the Water Heater toggle switch on, the W.H. out light comes on......this means the Water Heater is empty right?

Thanks,

fiddlman

WH Out should mean the pilot light is out.

No. It has nothing to do with empty vs full. It merely indicates whether the LP gas burner lit or not, and the burner will light whether there is water in the tank or not.  In old style gas water heaters, the red light came on and stayed on when it lit. Somewhere along the line it changed and the red light comes on dutng ignition and goes off when the burner has been verified to be operating. That changes happened somewhere around 1989, so I'm not sure which you have. Can you identify the heater brand and model number, so we can give better advice?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom