newbie family in Cincinnati

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarcum

Hello All,

Last December my family of five rented an RV and headed to Disney Fort Wilderness Trails. It was by far the best vacation we have been on. We have decided to purchase one and we are going to be taking it out in the next few weeks. We are looking for a shorter trip from Cincinnati...say 100 - 250 miles. I wanted to make this trip as beautiful as possible. We would love to find a campground that has wonderful amenities and also has wonderful nature. We would love to find a site next to a clear river or in the hills somewhere. I would love to hear of anyone?s suggestions about short weekend trips in the Midwest....Any suggestions? What was your best trip in the Midwest? Thanks you in advance for your response....Brian

I haven't been there in years but Mohican State Park near Mansfield, Ohio has a great river for taking a canoe ride.  They run a canoe livery there and take you by bus to a drop in site and you float or paddle down stream to your take out point as I recall.  I hooked my biggest Walleye at Lake Mohican about 1984. I moved to AZ in 1986 and haven't been back since but it was a very nice Ohio State Park at that time.

Edit: My wife thinks Mohican State Park it is closer to Loudonville, Ohio.

Try the Lively Lady in Aberdeen across from Maysville, KY. They are behind Brown's Restruant and motel. Right on the Ohio.

judway

Try Miami whitewater forest, Winton Woods or Steamboat Bend. All are very close to Cincinnati. 8)

The midwest is absolutely full of very very nice parks with lots to do.  A few of my favorites are (in order)

1.  Fall Creek Falls State Park in Tennessee

2.  Jamestown Recreation area in Kentucky

3.  Santa Claus Indiana (Private Campground wonderful for kids and grandkids)

4.  Mohican State park in Ohio  (South of Ashland)

5.  Yankee Springs recreation area near Battle Creek Michigan (Within driving distance of the lake)

I have found that Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennesse have some of the finest state parks in the country.

You can spend several years just visiting wonderful places within 500 miles of your home

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom