newbie - fridge access with slides in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can not take a quick bathroom break, grab something from the refrigerator or take a nap without opening slides, I want nothing to do with it.  Opening a slide in a rest area? Really?? Must be part of the world we have not explored.

rvpuller said:
No access to the refrigerator or bathroom is a none starter.

Was inside a camper with my DW at a RV show and was commenting about this particular floor plan and not being able to get to the bathroom with the slide closed.  A woman close to us asked what I meant and then stated she had never thought about that until I told her.  I then noticed the salesman behind the woman and he didn't look pleased.  Ushered my wife out to look elsewhere.

WILDEBILL308 said:
That is one of the reasons I have the coach I have. I can use it with the slides in. There are only a couple of drawers in the bead room that are blocked. Never buy or seriously consider anything if you don't run the slides in and see if you can use it.
Bill
:)) :)) :))

I'm the same as Bill.  Only 3 bedroom drawers and one cabinet can't be opened with the slides closed.
Yes I have a coach and not a TT.  But one reason for that is I don't have to get out in the rain etc to use it.
The fridge and sink and pantry and cupboards and bed all are accessible with both slides closed - guess I got lucky.

The point about opening a slide in the rain is a good one.  If you do it when it's raining there is a good chance you will have
water on the top of the slide and if you don't remove it with towels etc you will have water on the inside of your trailer.
Even with slide toppers, My MH has water on the slides and I check before I close them for it's presence to avoid water on the floor etc.

Since it appears the OP has NOT bought a unit yet I agree that you need to look at every unit you are considering with the slides closed
and then pretend your going to get a bite to eat and then use the toilet and then take a nap and anything else you can think of that
might happen with the slides closed.

On my way to FL I stayed in a Church lot (with permission) and didn't realize until I got there that the entire lot had at least a 10? slope
so there was no way I wanted to open a slide even with a lot of room to do so. 

So my vote (although the only one that counts is the OP's) would be to find one that you could do anything you wanted to with them closed.
Of course a salesman will tell you just open a slide anytime you want and everything will be fine - but remember he wants a sale and he's
not going to live in it.  You are......

WILDEBILL308 said:
That is one of the reasons I have the coach I have. I can use it with the slides in. There are only a couple of drawers in the bead room that are blocked. Never buy or seriously consider anything if you don't run the slides in and see if you can use it.
Bill

Hope my wife doesn't see this post.  So far I've restricted her bead and craft supplies to one basement compartment.  No way I want her taking up a whole room in the RV like she does the house.  ;)

More OT, we've only got  one cabinet that's blocked with the slide in.  We can live without whatever's in there for a night or two.

I will echo others who feel that access to the essentials with slides retracted was important to us.  In fact, it was one of our deal breakers. 

Our coach has three slides.  Two in the rear bedroom, one for extending the bed out the rear, one for a wardrobe closet/drawer unit.  The third is the dinette.

With the slides in, we can't use the main bed, and can't access a couple of the drawers.  This isn't an issue for us, as we have a large over-cab bunk that's plenty big and comfy enough for both of us, should we need to sleep with the slides in.  The dinette slide leaves plenty of space between it and the kitchen area, giving full access to all of the kitchen, storage, bathroom and shower.  That way, we can have all the amenities with the slides in.  It has already come in handy more than a couple of times. 

Do choose whatever is best for you, but I'd suggest at least giving this some consideration.  We immediately loved the layout of this coach, but still sat and contemplated carefully how we'd use it with the slides in or out.  Actually moved around, opened cabinets, etc, to get a clear picture of how it would feel and how we could use everything.

It worked out very well for us.  I wish the same for you.  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom