Newbie From Upstate New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Butch72

May be a newbie here but have been camping since the early 1950's and have been Rving since 1995. Started with a three-man pup tent to a 15 foot self contained trailer, two 5'ers; 26 foot & 36 foot, to a 37 foot gas MH, to our present 39 foot DP. Have other hobbies, other than traveling in our Rv, flying RC helicopters/planes and using RC controlled boats. But really enjoy driving our antique 1940 D-2 International Harvester p/u.  We have been going to the State of Maine for over 20+ years in the Acadia Nat'l Park/Mount Dessert Island area. Have also found the Amish Country of Lancaster PA four years ago and enjoy that area also.... We enjoy our MH, and use it most of the summer months..........fair weather Rvers...............

Butch72 said:
May be a newbie here but have been camping since the early 1950's and have been Rving since 1995. Started with a three-man pup tent to a 15 foot self contained trailer, two 5'ers; 26 foot & 36 foot, to a 37 foot gas MH, to our present 39 foot DP. Have other hobbies, other than traveling in our Rv, flying RC helicopters/planes and using RC controlled boats. But really enjoy driving our antique 1940 D-2 International Harvester p/u.  We have been going to the State of Maine for over 20+ years in the Acadia Nat'l Park/Mount Dessert Island area. Have also found the Amish Country of Lancaster PA four years ago and enjoy that area also.... We enjoy our MH, and use it most of the summer months..........fair weather Rvers...............
Welcome.  I'm originally from a small Upstate town called Macedon....Still have family and friends up there.

And welcome from an ex-upstate New Yorker too. Born & raised in Rome, went to college in Troy (RPI), workamped at Daggett Lake Campsites near Warrensburg for a couple summers, and occasionally stay in the Lake George region. And like you, we love the Mt Desert Island region of Maine - spent 6 weeks there last summer at the Narrows II park.

Thanks for the welcomes............no wonder our New York State taxes are so high....everyone left. Guess we are the only individuals that did not get the message......yet that is. Enjoy.....thanks again.

Hey, I'm still here!  Of course I'm probably crazy since it is 12?F, and snowing sideways...

Oswego .... I haul up there almost every year and stay next to the track for the modified weekend.  Last year did not get to come up, however hope this year works out.  Was the only WV plate in the lot that's for sure!

jje1960 said:
Oswego .... I haul up there almost every year and stay next to the track for the modified weekend.  Last year did not get to come up, however hope this year works out.  Was the only WV plate in the lot that's for sure!

Our son & family live in WV... Hanover,WV. Pretty country, and is really quiet in the holler............ New York plates, where we go are rare, only ones for miles.

I was down in your neck of the woods (at least WV) last fall taking photos at Babcock State Park.  A very pretty place!

Attachments

• ASE_1310.jpg
    ASE_1310.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 13
  • ASE_1315.jpg
    ASE_1315.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 13
  • ASE_1348.jpg
    ASE_1348.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 12
O my, those are pretty pictures..... Unfortunately, I live in the panhandle (near harpers ferry) and have done very little traveling around the State, commute to N. Virginia for work every day.  We are looking forward to exploring this beautiful State we live in.... retirement is not that far off.

jje1960 said:
I'm in Ontario Canada, but couldn't help notice the Oswego Speedway posting, "Home of the Classic" !! There just isn't any racing I like better than to watch those supers !!  When I worked at an RV place with lots of used Motorhomes for sale, I made sure every year I prepped a Motorhome for me to drive down for the classic. Best benefit of the job was being allowed to use a Motorhome for trips like that, no charge. Haven't been to Classic in a few years, but sure am getting the itch.  Funny thing, one of the dogs we have, is named Bentley, wife decided that after watching Bentley Warren.  ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom