Newbie Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BCBowtech

So its official now, our townhouse is sold!!

We can now get our rig! We know for sure we are buying an Outdoors RV Blackstone model or one of their 5th wheels..
They are all winterized but wondering what we should do for skirting and other winter tips. We are on Vancouver Island BC so not a lot of snow or real cold weather. Mostly rain!

Dehumidifier for sure... fans closed or open? windows? The rig also has a build in electric fireplace, not sure how much heat those throw out. I dont want mould problems..

Also my wife is curious about wifi booster? What does everyone suggest?

I have more questions but will start with that for now..

When I was visiting my daughter in Idaho this year I noticed that people there were using a water supply hose that had heat tape built in to avoid a frozen water line.  Having lived most recently in California it would not have even occurred to me to seek out such a product.

Those I have seen... and its on my list of possibly needing.. With a skirted rig that is also all insulated underneath is it good to have any heat source under the rig?

If you click on the "Search" button between the "Home" and "Library" buttons above, you can type in "Wifi booster " and you'll find several recent threads on the subject.
Bob
BCBowtech said:
Also my wife is curious about wifi booster? What does everyone suggest?

Hello,

I'm into my second year with our 2001 Holiday Rambler Ambassador DP and it is time to replace the (H) & (C) batteries. I removed the old batteries and bought new Optima Blue and Yellow top replacements, but didn't take a picture of the original configuration and now I'm having a problem reconnecting them.

The House side of the compartment with the cutoff switch and the converter side with the batteries connected is not providing 12v power on and off shore power, but the (C) side is providing 12 volt power and cranking power. I'm confused.......

To the last poster.. You might get more help if you started your own thread on the problem.

Back
Top Bottom