Newmar Canyon Star 39'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishonhenson

My wife & I are window shopping for the future (when I retire), really liked this RV. Any positive or negative experience with Newmar? It seemed really well made and the layout is perfect for us.

thanks in a advance. 

Newmar makes a decent coach, and they come in several different levels of "luxury." The Ventana LE (currently) is on the bottom rung, but is still nice, and they go up from there. But there are a number of other good makers, as well. You don't mention if you're looking new or used, but keep in mind that there are a number of brands that went out of business in prior years, which isn't necessarily a problem for support, but I'd consider floor plan (something that is good for YOU) as a major factor to consider.

And in a used coach you'll want to check condition as being more important than the original level. In a new coach, the dealer can make a huge difference, since most new rigs have problems to iron out during the warranty period.

and they come in several different levels of "luxury." The Ventana LE (currently) is on the bottom rung, but is still nice, and they go up from there.

Not exactly.  The Ventana LE is the entry for the diesel pusher line-up, but the Canyon Star is gas chassis coach and generally viewed as being below all the diesels in the product mix. However, the Canyon Star is the top of the gas-powered line-up, though, so probably similar in amenities to the Ventanas.

It's a lovely coach and Newmar is well-thought-of as a manufacturer. Sadly, they build their share of lemons too, so you still run the risk of getting one with more than its share of issues. No worse a risk than any other brand, though.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Not exactly.  The Ventana LE is the entry for the diesel pusher line-up, but the Canyon Star is gas chassis coach and generally viewed as being below all the diesels in the product mix. However, the Canyon Star is the top of the gas-powered line-up, though, so probably similar in amenities to the Ventanas.

It's a lovely coach and Newmar is well-thought-of as a manufacturer. Sadly, they build their share of lemons too, so you still run the risk of getting one with more than its share of issues. No worse a risk than any other brand, though.

I stand corrected -- DP was on my mind, so I forgot gas. Thanks for the correction, Gary.

I have a CS 3914. It's a beautiful coach and the build quality is very nice. Newmar customer service is also very good. They care about their customers and it shows. I plan to upgrade to a DSDP in the future. My owners experience has been so good, I will stay with Newmar in the future :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom