Newmar Kountry star slide problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kris

I have a 2008 Newmar  Kountry star with 4 slides.  One slide has been "repaired" by the manufacturer twice and by the dealer twice.  They say the slide floor is "sagging" and even though they have made 4 attempts to fix it, they can't.  The slide is scratching the ceramic floor.  The entire ceramic flooring and underlayment has been replaced due to cracked tiles.  The problem is now getting worse.  Has anyone else had this problem with this model, or is this a unique problem?  thank you for any information you can share.

Get the serial nbr of the rig and call Newmar.  Hopfully they will assist in finding somebody that knows what they are doing that can fix it.  Additionally it will get the anomally on the record at Newmar.

Kris, you have had it back to the factory twice for this problem, and they just repaired/replaced subfloor and tile? They should have been looking beyond the obvious, and find out what's causing the fllor to buckle. Call them again, and bring it to the attention of next level.

I would not waste any time with a dealer on this.  Assuming you have first recorded the problem when it was (or still is) under warranty, I would deal only with Nappanee.  Are you convenient to Indiana?  Newmar factory focus on warranty issues is superb.  If it were me I'd get an appointment in Indiana and get out their pronto.  Of course, I am retired and a full timer.  It might be more difficult for you if you have a full time job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom