Newmar RVs: WOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itself

I checked Newmar's website out...now that's what I am talking about!  The Fifth wheels and the motorhomes are gorgeous.  It seems like they have a "conscience" too, as they really care about putting out a good product.

The interiors seem well done, the only thing I would change are the bedrooms (a bit cheesy!).  I have to find out when there is a show in Phoenix!

Thanks to those of you that mentioned this company, a gem for sure!

Lisa  :)

Lisa,

Find the Newmar dealer there and see what he has in stock.  Newmar only builds if the have money in hand so most dealers are not well stocked and you may have to travel to see what you think you want.  Check out the "newmarowners"  list on Yahoo groups.  There are several really good dealers around and several are mentioned in messages on the site.  Personally I like "Capital RV" in Bismarck, ND and "Lee's RV" near Oklahoma City.  Check them out on the internet.  Also you can pick and chose and thus "build your own RV" on the site.  Also, Newmar is very good about "specials" that you come up with that are not a part of the design in the books.

I have a 2001dutch star and it is great.  NO bias here.    :)

We've been through 5  of the assembly plants for various RVs and have twice made the tour of the Newmar plant in IN. Of all of them, the Newmar plant has the feel of being one of the best organized. It's fun to see them going through the various steps of assembly. If you are serious about ordering a Newmar, make the trip to the factory and see for yourself. It's well worth it, and you get the chance to see the various designs in real life.

Chet18013

We've had our Dutch Star almost twelve years, and we are amazed at what is still a trouble free rv.  As Jim has said, Newmar is a well run company.  Family owned, not a public company, so they are better able to go with the flow during these down times.  They work carefully with you to make sure the RV you get is what you REALLY want.  We bought ours at the Harrisburg (PA) RV show, which is usually held the middle of Sept.  so this may be the weekend for it.  We worked with one of the VPs there on one of the issues we had and he in turned worked with the engineers directly at the factory.  We were VERY impressed with his "make it work" attitude with us as well as the factory.  We were always treated with great respect and all our questions were satisfactorily answered.  We got what we feel was a VERY good deal and have been exceptionally happy all these years.  We lived in this one about 7 years, and now have a house, which we try not to be in too long.  This year has been the exception.  

At that same show, we had gone with the idea of buying a totally different brand.  The dealer at that brand display was so discourteous, couldn't bother talking to us, and he even turned his back on us to talk with one of his sales people.  We walked.  Too, bad for them, as we had a check in hand to buy that day.....  He lost, but we certainly gained.  As we've been totally happy for twelve years.

Why we gravitated to the Newmar product in the first place, was because a friend of ours, a RV mechanic, had said if he could ever afford one, he'd buy a Newmar.  After going over it for three days at the show, and poking and prodding around all the details, we had to agree.  

As with Jim, I may be a bit biased here.   ;D

Daisy

As Chet has said, take the factory tour.

We toured the Newmar plant South of Elkhart, IN about a month ago and I was very, very impressed with the quality of their work. About 85% of their workers are Amish. The Amish workers run computerized cutting equipment. The quality of workmanship is extremely good. The workers and management all seem committed to keeping the company afloat. The fact that they build only to order should help them survive. When we went through, it took 5 weeks after ordering to begin production and then averaged 18 days to complete construction. I would highly recommend going through the plant before purchasing any new RV. They are not cheap, but I think a great value. During the height of the RV?ing boom they were building 20 a day, 5 days a week for 100 a week and now are doing 3 a day for 4 days a week for 12 a week. Pretty staggering statistic. Much of the plant is mothballed.

Back
Top Bottom