Newmar VS Tiffin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

localhrox

Hi All,

My wife and I have been looking for a Class A Gas coach to take the kids on weekend trips and on summer vacations.  We have narrowed our choices to a Tiffin Allegro with the Bunks or the Canyon Star with Bunks.

Can any Newmar and/or Tiffin onwers provide some feedback on their experiences even if it wasn't the same model.  We are really torn between the 2 brands.

Thanks!

John

Both the Tiffin and Newmare are excellent products.  If we were to be in the market for a new coach and those were the only choices we would go with the Tiffin unless momma liked the newmare better. ;D

Thanks Bob!  I appreciate the quick response.

I see decisions in your household are made like the one in mine! <g>

John.
We researched both Newmar and Tiffin. We would have loved to buy a Tiffin because it was closer to home, and they seem to have good quality motorhomes.
However, they did not have the floorplan we wanted.
We love our Newmar; the product is excellent,  and the service so far has been outstanding. I have no problem recommending Newmar. :D

We have a Tiffin, a 2003 Allegro Bus Diesel Pusher; and what we like the most is their customer service.  It's excellent!!  They will help you trouble shoot over the phone, ship parts to you, even if you are on the road, and their facility in Alabama is great.

Marsha~

I second what Marsha says.  The Tiffin service is superb although we have needed very little.  We have a 2007 34 foot Allegro Bay FRED.  We live 75 miles from the factory.  When one of our jacks remained extended and we couldn't raise it manually we called the factory for advice and within a couple of hours we had someone from the factory changing out the jack for us.  No charge.  We've had the motorhome about fifteen months, used it for half of that time and the jack has been our only significant problem.  We'd been planning to head out for service in Red Bay before going to Colorado this summer but realized there was nothing on the list to do!

I could not agree more that Newmar and Tiffin both build great units, however don't rule out Winnebago as they too are a good product. They have bunkhouse models also. Good luck shopping.

Since the OP had already mentioned they had narrowed there choice down to Tiffin or Newmar it appeared to me that they for what ever reason had already considered others bt now are only considering two.  Doesn't mean that other manufacturers are not good it just indicated to me that they have for what ever reason eliminated all but the two they mentioned.

Becks said:
I could not agree more that Newmar and Tiffin both build great units, however don't rule out Winnebago as they too are a good product. They have bunkhouse models also. Good luck shopping.

With apologies to Ron, our extremely well vetted short list was Newmar, Tiffen and Winnebago and I think any of them would be a great choice.  Find the floor plan and the deal you like and go for it.

If they had a Tiffen OR a Newmar dealer near us, we might have gone that route.  While we are happy with our Winnebago, I would put Tiffen and Newmar in the same class.....both quality construction.

Tiffen out of Red Bay AL has a real loyal folllowing and Bob Tiffen is at most RV shows, and sometimes takes care of customer complaints or problems personally.....I would like that.

Newmar will sell units to dealers that order them, and don't build SPEC., are privately owned, and rarely have any complaints due to shoddy workmanship.

We plan to look at Winnebago, Tiffen and Newmar on our next trade.  (whoever builds a unit with better insulation is what we are after)

We did look at Winnebago's products also, and were very pleased with them.
It really all came down to floor plan between Winnebago, Tiffin and Newmar.
For us, Newmar has been wonderful to deal with, and Spartan (chassis) has been extremely helpful in dealing with minor problems we had (batteries). They made us feel like we were the most important customers they had to deal with, and they quickly did put action behind their words. Hat down.  ::) ::)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom