Newmar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buddy110

Hello again. We are back in the market for an RV. We nearly bought a Vanleigh Vilano fifth wheel last year, but now are considering an A type. Can anyone comment on Newmar? We have our eye on a 3401.

Specifically, will the standard 4kw Onan be sufficient to run, heat/cool etc? This unit has dual AC units. (Dp windows and R19 FG in the roof)

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Generally speaking, Newmar makes a decent rig, but they have a variety of models, both gas and diesel. A year and specific model might help provide some answers (3401 sounds like it might be somewhere around 35 feet, possible gas? How old?). A 4K Onan would likely run two A/Cs, but with not too much margin for other stuff at the same time. It should be OK for most else on a relatively small rig.

It's a new, 2016, gas model. 34'. And I was mistaken, it has the 5500 onan and 1000w converter. It's a pretty well optioned model.

Which model?  Specifics are so much easier to work with!

Newmar, generally two thumbs up!  However; I am very biased.

Newmar owner here. Very happy.

I would advise not buying new. Very easy to get caught up in that "new car smell" but you'll pay way more for the one you're looking at than a gently used Newmar diesel pusher that's 8-10 years old. The depreciation on new RVs the first few years is eye watering. I would suggest letting someone else absorb it.

If you're concerned about a warranty, you can buy an extended warranty for $5Kish that covers everything for 3-4 years.

Buddy110 said:

How about going into your profile and create a signature of yourself telling us a little bit about you and your rig. It will really help when trying to solve a problem without having to ask you everytime the year, model, gas/deisel etc. for your coach.

No problem, it's all good.

I note that you've gone from fifth wheel to Class A. What this tells me is you're still looking for that shoe that fits. Go to lots of dealers. Look at lots of ads. Sit in each rig you look at, without the seller, for 30 minutes and imagine living in it. Take notes on what you like and what you don't. Get very picky and don't compromise. There are lots and LOTS of coaches out there, and one is perfect for you. Take your time, and you'll know it when you see it.

And buy used!

Sun2Retire said:
No problem, it's all good.

I note that you've gone from fifth wheel to Class A. What this tells me is you're still looking for that shoe that fits. Go to lots of dealers. Look at lots of ads. Sit in each rig you look at, without the seller, for 30 minutes and imagine living in it. Take notes on what you like and what you don't. Get very picky and don't compromise. There are lots and LOTS of coaches out there, and one is perfect for you. Take your time, and you'll know it when you see it.

And buy used!

And don't bring a credit card with you. After you find the one you think you'll want. go home and sleep on it. Most likely It will be there for a couple of days.

Never owned a Newmar, and don't expect to be in the market for approx ten years, but that is the model I would like to buy.

Thanks guys.
  I want a used one, but i need to sell the wife on that. She wants New

Buddy110 said:
That's where I started, and that is good advice. I haven't decided yet one way or the other.

My apologies, I was stating only that a Bay Star is a 3401.  I had to go research it and I was attempting to save others from the same nuisance.  Scott is right on the money - go looking and see what fits.

We decided on a Newmar Canyon star 3914. After looking at used, a 2016 daystar and a couple pushers, this turned up. It's a new, '15 left over fully loaded. We are so excited!
Thanks for all the feedback and help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom