Niagara falls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgh_AL

Has anyone been to Niagara Falls with an RV ? I f so what are the accommodations like ? Parking and such Boondocking ?

Probably 30 years ago, we stayed at a campground not far from the fall on the US side. We were packed in like sardines. Luckily it was only for a couple of days.
Lucky you for being from the US right now. You’ll be able to go over to the Canadian side which is much nicer. That’s right now anyway.

I do not think there is anything at the falls but short term parking (like a restaurant lot) I stayed at a KOA on a nearby island one time and a nearby membership the next time... But the first time (KOA) was 1978,, Labor day weekend... Honeymoon. Slept in a tent.
The second time our Daughter came along and we had a tent camper.

Both campgrounds were near.. but "near" for me... Well I'm a country boy. nearest grocery was a convenience store 7 miles from home So you can get an idea of my definition of "near".

Both falls are so heavily commercialized these days, with street hucksters and loud music blaring from every shop, really puts much of the scenery in the back seat..>>>Dan

Has anyone been to Niagara Falls with an RV ? I f so what are the accommodations like ? Parking and such Boondocking ?
I drove past it around ten years ago, coming back from Toronto. Saw nothing but a big tourist trap area. Parking an RV around there anywhere didn't seem possible.

-Don- Reno, NV

It's been a few years, but we stayed at a KOA near the Falls, on the US side. My notes say merely that it was "an OK park".

I live near Niagara Falls,ON there are a couple of campgrounds on Lundy's lane and a Jellystone park south of town all of them are just glorified parking lots. NF is really a tourist trap that is a rundown town there is a large drug problem and alot of petty crime. Yes the falls is nice but that is about it. FYI in a recent poll about 75% of residents would prefer the border stay closed.

Our favorite campground in that area is Four Mile Creek State Park about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls State Park that has no camping facilities. Your Four Mile Creek receipt also serves as a free entry pass to the Niagara Falls parking areas. Anyone that say the NY falls park is "run down" apparently hasn't been there recently. A lot of remodeling/updating has taken place over the past few years.

There is a KOA on Grand Island that's fairly decent. about ten miles from the falls.
Finding parking for an RV close in (as in walking) to the falls is, at best, nearly impossible on the US side.
A bit easier on the Canada side.

We went to the Canadian side falls when we had our truck camper. Navigating the traffic and the pedestrians that only seem to look up at the sky or down at their phones was difficult enough with the TC. I'd hate to try something larger. The only bonus we had was that parking was a breeze :)

There is a KOA on Grand Island that's fairly decent. about ten miles from the falls.
Finding parking for an RV close in (as in walking) to the falls is, at best, nearly impossible on the US side.
A bit easier on the Canada side.
Parking lot 3 allows RV's up to 40 feet. The free shuttle service is available at all four parking lots. Folks staying at 4 Mile Creek State Park do not pay the parking lot fees at Niagara Falls State Park.

We went to the Canadian side falls when we had our truck camper. Navigating the traffic and the pedestrians that only seem to look up at the sky or down at their phones was difficult enough with the TC. I'd hate to try something larger. The only bonus we had was that parking was a breeze :)
How long ago was that ? If I go it would be on the US side because I don't want the hassle of going to the Canadian side .

If you can, go to the Canadian side. Much prettier and there is a cave you walk into and it takes you to the backside of the falls.

If you can, go to the Canadian side. Much prettier and there is a cave you walk into and it takes you to the backside of the falls.
Well darn it, we missed that Rene.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom