No desire to fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TonyDtorch said:
We flew to Texas last year,  it reminded me of being herded on to a C141 transport .....but as I remember the C141 had more room inside  ;) 

I flew to Vietnam in a C141 back in 1968. They were like a canvas/mesh seat and we all faced the back of the plane.

Rene T said:
I flew to Vietnam in a C141 back in 1968. They were like a canvas/mesh seat and we all faced the back of the plane.

I've got probably 500+ hours in 141's, 130's, and C-5's combined... Yes flying backwards.. and sometimes sideways.. but Much More Comfortable.. even in the Jump Seats. At least you could take turns crap'n out on the baggage pallet ?

USAF C-141's & Navy C-130's were the SeaBee's.. Primary Mode of Transport, back in the day. 

Ahhh.. Memory Lane.  :) The stories I could tell  ;) ;D ;D

I haven't flown since before 9/11, and the restrictions started. I used to travel about once every month to 2 months for work, and never really had any problems with what I could bring on and what I couldn't. I have since started a new job, and have not had to fly for any reason since then.

However, after 13+ years at this company, they now want me to make a trip to the corporate office. They make it sound like it's some type of pilgrimage that I should do, and it will be an enlightening experience. I'm really not looking forward to it, but when the boss says I go, I go.

bsandey said:
I haven't flown since before 9/11, and the restrictions started. I used to travel about once every month to 2 months for work, and never really had any problems with what I could bring on and what I couldn't. I have since started a new job, and have not had to fly for any reason since then.

However, after 13+ years at this company, they now want me to make a trip to the corporate office. They make it sound like it's some type of pilgrimage that I should do, and it will be an enlightening experience. I'm really not looking forward to it, but when the boss says I go, I go.

A (few) word(s) to the wise.
Don't go for the Cheap Seats.
If possible, take non-stop flight.
Fly early! It usually takes them a few hours to really screw up the schedules.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTRDYS
Back
Top Bottom