No fuel to Propane genset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdasaro

Hi, Just had my Propane line changed under Winnie recall. I was hoping it would also allow my genset to run as it quit about 2 weeks ago. No such luck. The genset would light for a second or 2 and quit. The stove would burn, the fridge would run but trying to start the genset would literally suck the flame right out of the burner. The good folks at Continental Winnebago in Farmingdale Long Island, NY. diagnosed, and swapped out the regulator and cured my genset woes in less than a half an hour. Great crew made it look easy and surprisingly inexpensive.
Regards
Capt.

Sounds like the same problem I had last fall.  I had the regulator changed and that fixed the problem.  The servicer found water in the lines and regulator.  I should have had the tank purged at the time, but the servicer did not have dry nitrogen which is needed to chase out all the moisture.

Anyway, you probably need to change the regulator. (edit: sorry, I see you already have)

Another possible, propane Onans have a rubber tone which runs from carb down to the bottom of the unit. If wasps, etc. plug this, gen will not start. Should have a screen on end, but did not.

Found this out at ONAN dealer, 15 minutes with a squirt can and a pretty healthy bill, which after much complaining they refunded. Seems they knew about this problem and were working on an "engineering solution", or "how to put a piece of screen on the end of a tube".

Geez.........

It's the way of the world LOL. Mine had a spongy bag filter over the end of the pipe. It was dirty but cleaning had no effect. Damn regulator is the second one in 6 months. Do they breakdown this often? I just changed the one on my Weber BBQ after 15 yrs or so and its been out in the open all that time. LOL
Capt.

sdasaro said:
It's the way of the world LOL. Mine had a spongy bag filter over the end of the pipe. It was dirty but cleaning had no effect. Damn regulator is the second one in 6 months. Do they breakdown this often? I just changed the one on my Weber BBQ after 15 yrs or so and its been out in the open all that time. LOL
Capt.
My guess is moisture in the LP tank like mine.  I expect to have to replace the regulator again soon.  If I do, I'll for sure be looking for a place that can purge that tank and dry the system out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom