No good options for TALL folks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before you buy any C or A make sure the slide is in behind the drivers seat.  We looked at some C & A's that when the slide was in it was no longer comfortable for driving.  Dick nvrver

BRex said:
Thank you for returning and clearing that up.

I'm 76" tall and we recently attended an RV show. Most if not all of the Class C's we looked at had adequate headroom.
The problem with most of the C's was the cutaway opening between the cab and the chassis was not designed for adults to leave the front driver/passenger seats and head straight back into the house portion. I could not even begin to do it on several models so I had to exit via the door and come in by the mid-door entry. You might have the same issue.
Another issue was the front seats are restricted in their travel backwards and their tilt range, due to the wall of the coach being right behind the front seats.

I will be interested in hearing your opinion on this.

Take care and have fun shopping.

We may not typical in the sense that we anticipate driving a lot-- as opposed to driving to location and staying put for an extended period of time. With that in mind overall driving comfort is of prime importance and none of the Cs I tried so far offered much comfort at all with respect to legroom. 

Know what you mean by the contortion necessary to enter the back. Although I can manage the certainly not as comfortably as what one can expect with the layouts in an A model.

Hey, new tall member here, curious about the update on the OP's RV choice. I'm 6'6" (198cm or 78") and looking for a tall TV but on the compact (Class C obviously) side.

I'm 6'2" and am perfectly comfortable (so far) in the 2008 Four Winds Chateau 34H that we just picked up. It is a little taller than the other units they make being based on the Kodiak chassis. I think the brochure shows interior height 84" vs. 80" in their other units. The driver's seat has plenty of room for me too.

Back
Top Bottom