No hot water flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are getting no water coming through the hot water heater, gas or electric. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

maybe in recirculation, or in the "winter" position?

There are valves on the inside or inboard portion where the water goes in and out of the water heater so that you can isolate the water heater, bypass, from the water flow through the rest of the coach.

Did you just de-winterize your rig? Like Brad said, it sounds like you just have a bad valve line up. Do not turn on the electric to the heater unless you're positive the tank is full.

Another question, are you getting water at the hot water faucets but it's just that it's not hot and low volume and is it the same at all the hot water faucets? If that's the case, you probably have another issue but we'll go into more detail once you respond.

When I had no hot water flow on my 2004 Brave it was bad check valves that are on the inlet and outlet of the water heater.  They have something to do with winterizing to keep from filling the water heater with antifreeze. 

Ted and Brenda said:
We are getting no water coming through the hot water heater, gas or electric. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Help us out with your make, model, floorplan - ideally edit your profile and add that to your 'signature.'

Sounds like what I just went through this winter in the south and it was a bad check valve on the hot water outlet, back side of water heater. 

howdymi said:
Sounds like what I just went through this winter in the south and it was a bad check valve on the hot water outlet, back side of water heater.

Could be their problem but it's hard to tell without knowing if they are getting water at the hot water faucets or not. Need to get them to reply.

Had same a few weeks ago.  Check valve had a broken part that fell into water heater. It blocks the water from leaving the tank. Check the valve. If plastic part of valve is broken,  our guy drained the tank,  then after removing the valve he turned on the water slowly.  As the tank filled it spit out the plastic floating broken piece.  Sounds crazy but I have the bill to prove it.

Along those same lines, I had a piece of crud get stuck in the anti-siphon breaker for my black tank flush line - water would pour out of the breaker (located under the galley sink).  Bought a new one and examined the old one, that's when I discovered the foreign matter holding the valve open.  Go figure - it took 10 years and 100,000 miles of RVing for this to happen.

Back
Top Bottom