No hot water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ztimbo

Last night, I go to bed with everything working.  I wake up and no hot water.  Sinks and shower flow normally on cold, not a drop on hot.  I searched and found one thread but it was due to sediment buildup or something.  Unlikely I had buildup in all these places at once.
Help!  I may want to shower again some day.

Thanks in advance.

98 Winnebago Chieftan

A 98 Chieftain must have a combo gas & electric heater.  Was it running on gas or electric? Can you get hot water on one or the other?

[edit]Irrelevant comment - Ii misread the original post.[/edit]

I believe you said you get no water flow from the hot water spigots in which case your one-way valve on the Water Heater has probably siezed.  It is generally located on the cold-water inlet to the Water Heater.

You can turn on a hot-water spigot and tap the cold-water inlet to the Water Heater.  If the water begins to flow you will be best served replacing the 0ne- way Valve.

Even if a hot water heater is off, you get water from the hot water spigot...something else is going on.

If you have a Water Heater bypass  (generally used for winterizing) you can bypass the Water Heater and if you get water flow at the spigots then the problem is one-way valve in the water heater. 

If you still don't get water flow (not very likely) from the hot-water spigots then the problem is between the spigots and the Water Heater. 

Took it to a guy, there was something plugging the one way valve.  Didnt get a real good explanation.  Got a few things fixed.  Im impressed with the telepathic fixes from this place.  I have a few challenges that may be a better test coming up.

Thanks for the responses.

:}

I see Lou hit it on the valve.

(He's good that way)

That is a very common failure in motor home water systems.  They try to make your life easier by using a check valve (one way, back flow preventer, whatever you wish to call it) and the result is that said valve gets crudded up with rust or lime or some other mineral depsoit in the water and .....

Well.

It's good to know you are in hot water once again :)

Back
Top Bottom