No more O'reilley Factor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that makes this outrageous for me is it was all orchestrated by Media Matters.  The left routinely uses programs to generate fake tweets and Facebook posts.  They inundate advertisers with 100 of thousands of these fake posts to convince them that they will lose substantial revenue if (fill in the blank) is not done immediately.  The companies cave in and do what they thing the people demand.  That entire get rid of O'rielly campaign could have been done by 10 to 15 people sitting i their parents basements in their underwear.

Is there a way to mark a thread to be ignored? So that it never shows up in the "Show unread posts since last visit" ?

[quote author=LarsMac]Is there a way to mark a thread to be ignored? So that it never shows up in the "Show unread posts since last visit" ?[/quote]

You can ignore a message board or a category of boards, and individual forum members, but I'm not aware of ignoring a topic, or maybe I just forgot. If someone finds a way, I'll add it to the Help file linked in the menu above.

rockman said:
The thing that makes this outrageous for me is it was all orchestrated by Media Matters.  The left routinely uses programs to generate fake tweets and Facebook posts.  They inundate advertisers with 100 of thousands of these fake posts to convince them that they will lose substantial revenue if (fill in the blank) is not done immediately.  The companies cave in and do what they thing the people demand.  That entire get rid of O'rielly campaign could have been done by 10 to 15 people sitting i their parents basements in their underwear.
?

rockman said:
So, Fox & O'Rilley paid 13 million dollars based on fake posts.  And the fake posts even fooled the outside law firm brought in to assess the situation. 

Amazing! WOW! 

If you read my post instead of just quoting it, you would have see the part about "They inundate advertisers with 100 of thousands of these fake posts to convince them that they will lose substantial revenue if (fill in the blank) is not done immediately." is was the loss of advertising revenue that got FOX to act."  I would suspect the law firm didn't really analyze every tweet ad Facebook post that was sent to the companies advertising on FOX. And yes this tactic has been analyzed and uncovered in other high profile social media attacks on  companies and high profile individuals.  In the grand scheme of things, overall a 13 million dollar payout to make lawsuits go away is pretty inexpensive compared to years of litigation.  As a post earlier noted, if we had tort reform and loser pays, most of these would not be filed in the first place.

rockman said:
If you read my post instead of just quoting it, you would have see the part about "They inundate advertisers with 100 of thousands of these fake posts to convince them that they will lose substantial revenue if (fill in the blank) is not done immediately." is was the loss of advertising revenue that got FOX to act."  I would suspect the law firm didn't really analyze every tweet ad Facebook post that was sent to the companies advertising on FOX. And yes this tactic has been analyzed and uncovered in other high profile social media attacks on  companies and high profile individuals.  In the grand scheme of things, overall a 13 million dollar payout to make lawsuits go away is pretty inexpensive compared to years of litigation.  As a post earlier noted, if we had tort reform and loser pays, most of these would not be filed in the first place.

RIGHT ON. It's ALL about the money.

There are NO Reporters or Journalist anymore. They are [News Personalities], Talking Heads. When they get to popular, for to long, in the Ratings (money).. They Have To Go. Just destroy their Persona, Pay them a hefty severance, and make them Fade Away... to write a book or two.... or three

Several others have suffered the same demise. Nothing New here. The smart ones Retire.

If the Media Lawyers can't find anything else that works.. A conjured up Sexual Harassment suit, is the Wild Card of the times. Guaranteed to work. (Tort Reform fits in here)

LarsMac said:
Is there a way to mark a thread to be ignored? So that it never shows up in the "Show unread posts since last visit" ?

I am for that this is pointless and would seem to go against the forums policy on political posts as this could become inflammatory in a hurry.

Gizmo said:
I am for that this is pointless and would seem to go against the forums policy on political posts as this could become inflammatory in a hurry.

I agree.  It's teetering on the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom