No Signal or Brake Lights on Toad Left Side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jane B

The driver's side signal light and brake light on our toad (Jeep Wrangler), when hooked up to our motorhome, have recently stopped working. The right side works fine. The Jeep, by itself/not hooked up works fine. The motorhome lights are fine, too.  To the eye, the cord and connectors appear to be ok, but apparently, there's a bad connection somewhere along the line. Any ideas?

We answered our own question and found the problem to be in the receptacle on the Jeep...broken pin. Replaced it and all fixed!

Just in case anyone has this problem, you should know the answer for us was twofold...not only did we have to change the broken receptacle at the toad, but we also had to replace the left turn signal/left brake light (toad) fuse that had blown. That fuse is found in a box in the engine compartment at the drivers side next to the radiator of our FRED rig.

I have had this happen twice now.  One time I was about to skip the light check on heading out but wife insisted.  Smart wife I have.  I always carry spare connectors for emergency repair.

Why did they fail, I guess abuse on my part.  I am being much more careful now, keeping the pins lubed and checking the wires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom