No water to kitchen sink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smpsmpsmp

I just de-winterized and filled my fresh tank. I turned on the water pump and have water in the bathroom but nothing to the kitchen sink. the water pump doesn’t even switch on when I open the tap. Yes, I double-checked to make sure the valve to the fresh water tank is correct.

Does it happen for both hot and cold? If it does, Remove the faucet aerator. It’s probably plugged up with minerals.
Oh, welcome back. Don’t be a stranger and please let us know how you make out.

It’s just a one lever faucet. i removed the aerator but still the pump doesn’t even come on so no water is even entering the line to the faucet

Ok... Suspect #1 The aireator
Now there are a few different types of kitchen faucets.. Mine was a pull out strainer type (Switch between modes) (and one other suggestion) If all else fails Get a binder clip or something to put on the hose to insure it does not fall back into the arm and get hard to retrive (Rubber bands. Tape) then unscrew the hose from the head.. There may be a small cartridge (Check valve or vacuum breaker) either on the end of the hose or in the pull out handle.... Clean it, it may be "limed" up.

if it's the kind of faucet that has a sprayer off to the side. Unscrew the aireator (Strainer thing) and see if water flows. if so Clean what you have in your hand.

Very common.. Same at your house by the way

On the single lever ones. There is a slight chance the ball valve has lost it's mind. With Pump OFF remove the ball (disassemble the upper part of the faucet) and then inspect the valve seals (They should remain inside the fixture) or the cartridge (which comes out) depending on the faucet (not all are a ball some are a cartridge) Lay a towel over the thing and pulse the pump (turn on for like 1-2 seconds) Big mess of water (Reason for towel) you have your answer

No water. then you need to follow the lines there MIGHT be a valve.

Do you have a water filter below the sink? Is there a valve there? Has it folled with water?

Then you need to back to squuare one. RV water systems are pretty basic. Tank to pump to main line. The main line usually has tees to branch off to the various fixtures. You will need to follow the cold line from the faucet to the main line. Typical water lines are Pex, which is a semi rigid plastic. So chances of a line kinked are minimal, but its always possible.

Donn, it sounds like the problem is for hot and cold just in the kitchen.
It’s a single lever faucet so it’s something inside that faucet like John said.

Remove one or both lines from the faucet under the sink and arrange a catch can/bucket. Turn on the pump - if water flows change/replace/fix the faucet...

Given that neither cold nor hot flows, odds are strong that it's the faucet cartridge or valve. You can isolate the issue to either faucet or supply lines using the method Ex-Calif described. Just be cautious, cause I'm betting a lot of water will flow when the pump comes on!

Given that neither cold nor hot flows, odds are strong that it's the faucet cartridge or valve. You can isolate the issue to either faucet or supply lines using the method Ex-Calif described. Just be cautious, cause I'm betting a lot of water will flow when the pump comes on!

Yes - definitely a fountain. In reality I would personally turn on the pump and "crack" the joint on the faucet. If there is pressure you'll know in a 1/4 to 1/2 turn...

You could disconnect the hose and stick it in a large soda bottle then a 2nd person could control the pump by turning it on and off just to verify flow. Then do it to the other pipe

Thanks for the suggestion. I may wait until my friend arrives to tackle this since messy projects are always better with a friend!

In what way are the connectors different?
and yes you can
(most all faucets. in fact EVERY faucet i have seen were 1/2 inch IPT threaded.

now some have a length of copper tubing with the adapter pre-soldered on
And others don't so you may need different length lines. Or the lines (especially the hot may be diferent length but Easily adapted (I used flexible line)

Back
Top Bottom