Noobie Question: best item to take along?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

farmgirl085

What's your favorite  "go to" item? Headed out for the maiden voyage next week...grew up camping, and I'm excited to get my kids into it!

I have a couple of addictions, one being adult beverages, and the other, the Internet.  I love my mobile hotspot.  No matter if you are in a campground with WIFI or not, if you can get a cell phone signal, you have Internet.

I think a lot of people forget to bring a good corkscrew.  Nothing sadder than a wino with no way to pop the cork.  I am also very proud of my exact fit folding table.  The storage area has a nice molded spot and the table I found at Costco fits perfectly, and there is still plenty of space under it to store........more wine!

I keep my stemware and other things that rattle around in boxes with separators which also keeps the stuff from sliding. 

CHARGERS!  Don't forget your cell phone chargers.  I use a CPAP machine and I just got a 12V attachment that allows me to run it off the house batteries so we can go dry camping and the wife does not have to suffer through my raucous snoring.

LIGHTERS:  Camp fires are no fun using the flint and steel starting method.

A storage bag for your dirty clothes.  Makes it easy to get them back in the house for washing.

Rubber bands/duct tape/rubber disposable gloves

MEDICINES/pain relievers/bug stuff

A memory foam topper does a miraculous job of transforming the el cheapo mattress that came with your RV into a luxury bed.  After using it, we liked it so much, we got one for our bed at home.  The only bad thing s it makes it a LOT more difficult getting out of the sack in the morning.  On sale at Costco!

Without even looking, I'll bet the library attached to this forum has a list of stuff.

A journal, specific to the RV.  We have revisited some places of interest and businesses, and avoided revisiting others, based on our journal.  Good luck to you!

Most important thing to bring is PATIENCE!

Rving is supposed to be relaxing, so lay off the gas pedal - your gas mileage will improve as you take in the scenery. Also remember that you're driving a cottage on wheels, not a Maserati, so you're not getting there fast anyway! A trip should be as much about the journey as the destination.

Patience also comes in handy for dealing with things like kids, pets, cantankerous water fittings that will insist on leaking, electrical cords that are 2 feet short of reaching the outlet, and damp firewood that seems ultimately flame-resistant! And that's likely just your first weekend out!  ;)

Slow down, enjoy the trip, and enjoy the people that came along for the ride!

Donald Trump's bank account.

Don't forget a camera. You will want to remember those kids when they still listened to you.

A pad and pen, so you can write down all the things you forgot... most of which you won't realize you needed until you are actually ON the trip.  ;)

Just grab whatever you think of, and the rest will work itself out over time.  A good set of tools can go a long way in fixing those little on-trip mechanical or electrical breakdowns that WILL eventually happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom