Nook vs KindleA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned said:
Does the Nook require that the lendee have a B&N account as well?

I belive the lendee would require a B&N account also but not the same account. So I could lend an e-book I purchased to anyone with a B&N Nook and B&N account. I guess I will try lending an e-book to my son-in-law and see how that goes.

Just a little update.  I've had my Nook for 3 weeks and have read 7 books on it.  I still like it very much but have had 2 occurrences when the Nook froze.  I only had to hold down the power button for 10 seconds and it rebooted and then worked fine again.  I was "on hold" at Nook Tech support for about 30 minutes before I got someone and then it only took a minute or two to tell me how to "reboot".  My son-in-law loaned me book and it was in the process of obtaining the lent copy that it froze.  Tech support told me they have  a software update coming and it will be downloaded to the Nooks automatically in the future.  Anyway, that's my experience for what it worth.

So other than those little "hiccups", do you like everything else about it?  Navigation, reading ability, features, etc.???

Expect Apple to shortly come out with their own device.

edjunior said:
So other than those little "hiccups", do you like everything else about it?  Navigation, reading ability, features, etc.???

I do like it a lot.  It becomes easier as I get familiar with it.  I didn't read the manual for it until I glanced at it yesterday, so for 3 weeks I was just pushing the touch screen and still found my way around.  It only takes a minute or two to obtain a book after you push the "buy" spot on the touch screen. The reading ability is very good and identical to the Kindle as they both have the same screen.  The colored lower screen doesn't do much for me.  Seeing the book covers in their original color isn't important to me.  When I wish to buy a book, I use the search function and type in the name of the author or the book title.  The response is very quick.  I've only used it to read books, I haven't explored any other features.  I'm not a big fan of touch screens because I have big fingers and often missdial my touch screen phone.  I miss the mark occasionally on the Nook too and have to back up and retouch.

Great response Lowell, and great information.  I might hang around long enough to see what Apple has, only because I have the iPhone and the Kindle reader on there works great.  But I like the Nook over the others so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom