(Norcold 1200) No burn on LP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bholander

Works just fine on AC....On LP I get the normal 30 second burn and then " NO FL" Got plenty of LP....tried a dozen times,,,,any help would be appreciated as usual... :'(

I had the same problem.  My problem was solved by opening the outside panel, removed the guard from around the burner.  There was some rust that had fallen from the chimney onto the burner.  Cleaned that off, and frig fired right up.

It could also be a bad Thermocouple. This is an electronic sensor that detects the flame, if it does not sense the flame it will shut off the gs valve. This creates a No Flow error. Norcold has a troubleshooting guide.

Had the Norcold recall done this morning in Denver.  Took an hour and fridge worked fine until about 15 miles from Laramie and I got the beeping and the No FL message.  For the past 4 years fridge worked fine with no problems.  Ran it on AC for the rest of the day until camped for night.  Tried LP again, same results.  Third try it started working again and its been running for about an hour now with no problem.  Might have been the steep grade from Ft Collins to Laramie but never had this problem before and steep grades.

I hope this is the end of the problem as we are headed to Alaska and plan to dry camp a fair amount.

When I had this problem it was because a tree frog had crawled up inside the outside refrigerator vent and got fried on the board.  After the board was cleaned, not by me, problem was solved.

Back
Top Bottom