Norcold N841R NO AC NO FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coultersims

Hi I have a Norcold N841R from 2003. We just  bought the camper and the fridge worked when we purchased it. However, upon setting it up for the first time in flashed the code no AC and No FL. I found that the 5amp fuse was blown in the circuit board. After replacing it I went back and it had blown again. I removed the black wires to the heater and turned the fridge on and the fuse didn't blow but when I hooked the wires back up the fuse blew again.

Any ideas if this is an easy fix or do i need a new circuit board or heat element?

Thanks,

Coulter

The blown 5A fuse suggests that the AC heater element is shorted, either internal to the element or between thee element on the frame.

No FLame means the the LP gas flame did not ignite, or at least the flame sensor was unable to detect that it had lit. With the AC mode inoperative, the fridge automatically attempts to light the LP burner.  Did you have the LP tank turned off, perhaps?

Get a service manual for your fridge at http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

My propane tank is open. It is trying to light but seems like no propane is getting there because the igniter is working.

Is the AC heat element something easy to fix?

Thanks,

Coulter

Any idea what would be causing it to not run on propane? I just recently filled both tanks up and it has the spark to light it but no fuel is getting there. We live in the 5th wheel full time and we are trying to get one of them running.

Thanks,

Coulter

coultersims said:
Any idea what would be causing it to not run on propane? I just recently filled both tanks up and it has the spark to light it but no fuel is getting there. We live in the 5th wheel full time and we are trying to get one of them running.

Thanks,

Coulter

Did you try lighting your gas stove top burners. if they don't light, go back to the tanks and turn them off. Then try to bleed the pressure off with the stove. Then open the bottles again except do it real slow. There is a safety valve built into the propane tank valve and if the valve senses a sudden surge like a major leak, the valve will shut blocking off the gas. I've heard that if the main valve is opened too fast, the safety valve may shut not allowing gas to fill the lines.

Got the LP working. Still waiting to see if the fridges cools down. The flame is blue so that?s a good sign. I had to clean/soak the burner. I?m going to order an AC element and hopefully that will fix the other problem. Thanks for the help.

Coulter

Back
Top Bottom