Norcold refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovely_Lish

So I’ve been living in my RV for 2 weeks and out of no where the fridge started beeping and had “L1oP” on the screen. I went on YouTube and tried the “magnet” quick fix method but it didn’t work. Finally I was able to find a mobile RV tech (due to me not having a tow truck to bring my rv to the shop) and they ran the diagnostic and the entire control panel and limit switch wasn’t working causing the fridge to receive zero power. There wasn’t a huge stir so I’m not sure how this could have happened.

I put my Norcold on the highest setting which is 9, should I not have done that? Or what could have cause the entire panel to just die like that?

Absorption type refrigerators, like your Norcold, are commonly found in RVs because they can be easily used with propane instead of electricity. Which is convenient, but it also make them rather inefficient and prompt to problems.

Many full timers, like you, eventually change them for regular domestic, compressor type fridges, as they are more common, cheaper to buy and repair.

I put my Norcold on the highest setting which is 9, should I not have done that? Or what could have cause the entire panel to just die like that?
You don't give us much to go on. You have lived in the RV for only 2 weeks so does that mean that the refrigerator is new and failed in 2 weeks or did you buy the RV used and the refrigerator has a lot of hours on it? When you increase the cooling setting to maximum all that it does is to cause it to cool to a lower temperature inside, but the need to do that makes for some questions since ambient temperatures in San Antonio lately have been pretty ideal. In hot weather it is normal to need a higher setting but not in moderate temperatures. Did the tech replace those parts and it is now working, or what is happening? We can only guess what you have and what the problem really is with the little bit of information that you have shared.

Absorption type refrigerators, like your Norcold, are commonly found in RVs because they can be easily used with propane instead of electricity. Which is convenient, but it also make them rather inefficient and prompt to problems.

Many full timers, like you, eventually change them for regular domestic, compressor type fridges, as they are more common, cheaper to buy and repair.
Exactly what we did quite a while back. Don't regret it a bit........

I rarely run mine at any setting higher than 4. You may have caused the over heating by setting it too high.

If the box is too warm the way to adjust the temperature is by moving the thermistor on the fin. It is a counter intuitive setting so I suggest you read the manual, it's different for some models And you did not specify your model number.

Back
Top Bottom