Northern Indiana to Myrtle beach SC.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hedhunter9

The wife and I are heading out Dec 23rd heading to Myrtle Beach in our 31' Coachman MH.  Taking our Yamaha Majesty 400 along on a rear bumper carrier.  No definite plans, but she wants to spend some time at the beach. 
  We will probably do a little stopover in a few spots on the blueridge parkway going down.
Anyone have any recommendations on places to see, visit, camping ?

Bob

I can strongly recommend the Asheville, NC area...Biltmore in its Christmas glory is a must-see, although they are closed on Christmas Day, but there are many other things to do in the area. Also, in Greenville, SC, Bob Jones University has a fantastic art gallery and Greenville's Main Street and its West End are also important new development.

I recommend Huntington Beach State Park just south of Myrtle Beach near Murrells Inlet.  Nice campground, good sites, many sites with full hookups.  Camp just steps from great uncrowded beach.  Causeway with freshwater on one side and sal****er on the other walking distance from campground with good bird watching, osprey, eagles, egrets, herons, ibis and more.  Alligators out when its warm.  Right across the road is the Brookgreen Gardens.  We are there right now and love it here.  We will head further south next week but will be back for two weeks on our way back north in March.

We like Ashville and  the Biltmore Estate also!!

So many places, so little time........

I recommend Myrtle Beach Travel Park.  http://www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com/maps.html
Try to get site 96 or 97. Right at those sides, there is a big opening in the sand dune and at a real high tide, water comes up close to the sites. The sites are higher than the water. Not to worry.  If you get a site on one of the other roads, there are stairs which you have to use to get over the dunes. At night all you hear is the crashing of the waves. So restful. You have the beach pretty much only to the campground.

We did a trip very similar to that last spring. Skipped Biltmore due to the $50/person tour fee and went to the NC Arboretum instead. Downtown Asheville was fun.  Enjoy your trip.

Rene T said:
I recommend Myrtle Beach Travel Park.  http://www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com/maps.html
Try to get site 96 or 97. Right at those sides, there is a big opening in the sand dune and at a real high tide, water comes up close to the sites. The sites are higher than the water. Not to worry.  If you get a site on one of the other roads, there are stairs which you have to use to get over the dunes. At night all you hear is the crashing of the waves. So restful. You have the beach pretty much only to the campground.

Rene,
  We went to the Myrtlle Beach Travel park today, But they dont allow our Yamaha Majesty Scooter to be used on the campgrounds.  No Motorcycles period..  Bummer.. Looked like a nice place..  But we use the Scooter to run in to town and get around on with the Motorhome parked, so we had to go elsewhere. 
  We found Apache Campground just a little ways south and they allow Motorcycles and scooters. So we are trying it for a night or 2.
It is a older looking place and we havnt checked out all the amenities yet. Just hooked up..  Good level pull thru sites, Good water, 50 amp electric, Sewer. Cable and wi-fi. Covered picnic table...  A bunch more things included, but we will report back after we check them out.
  We are thinking of going down to Huntington State park for a few days and check it out too..

Bob

A little more report on the Apache Campground.
  Up front, they have many year round mobile homes, then the middle has a mix of different types of RV and mobile homes.
Near the ocean is the true travel park, with a nice mix of pull thru's and back in sites.  One main road paved, others are gravel.
The sites are all sandy/gravel with very little grass.  Each site has a covered picnic table area.    Very good water pressure.
50amp electric.  Cable.  Wi-fi is so-so..  Slow at times. stops completely at times..  Other times excellant.
  There are bathrooms/showers scattered thruout the campground.  Fairly decent even tho older.. Clean when I checked.
The campground store is closed for the season, but the laundramat is open and not too bad..
  We got a site very close to the ocean and at night can hear the waves..
There is a large pier and when you camp, you get pass's for the pier.  The campground has special events on different days, but we didnt go to any of them.
  We took the scooter around town a bunch of different times. Did get caught in a storm today and got soaking wet..  Hard to see/ride when its pouring ! LOL
    Off season rates right now $40 a night for short stay.. Discount if staying longer..
Its our first campground stay, so cant compare to anything.. ;-)
Bob

That's too bad Bob you couldn't get into Myrtle Beach Travel Park. I am familiar about Apache just down the street. I did walk through it one time and I did like it as much as MBTP.

Hi I live in Myrtle Beach, and you have a KOA in town. Cypress camp ground on the Intercostal in Socastee and also Willow Tree out in Longs. All full hook ups and pull through, we are having some warmer than normal weather, but sorry to say its going to cool off. Hope you enjoy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom