now I am feeling old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a poster hanging in my office showing a man with a "ripped" or chiseled body, holding a dumbbell in a gym whose face belies his age (seventy something). The quote at the bottom says "getting old ain't for wimps".

I filled out an online registration form today.  When it asked for my birth year I had to scroll down, and down, and down.......  Made me feel old.

I may be old but I refuse to be mature.

Feeling old is calling your granddaughter to congratulate her and her husband on their first anniversary, and finding out you're going to be great grandparents!  :eek: ;D

Old?  I'm a grandparent for the first time at 70
But my son is a first time father at 46!  Like wow!
I can't even imagine.  But he thinks he will make
a better father now then he would have younger.

Hope he is there for him.

Some of my classmates and I were talking, they said I have the youngest grandson so far but there kids
are having kids at an older age to, there are 3 of us near 70 with grands.  Most everyone else are great
grandparents or even gg by our ages.

a new father at 46 ?.....that means there is a chance he will be retired at his kids high school graduation.......

???

my brother is 65 and has a 10 year old daughter..... ( I'm guessing he will never retire )

He will never be able to afford retirement if he keeps that up. ;D I married late in life, inherited 4 (now 5) grand daughters. Boy, that has been an education but there's another story. The oldest is 15 so I could be a gg within ten years. One of my class mates was a great grandfather at 61, that's far too young. ::)

A friend of mine, age 70, recently had twin boys by a second, younger wife.  Aieeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sad really, he likely won't see them graduate. I am 67, no way I want to start a family. That is a job for younger people with a lot of energy and patience.

I just meant that I seem to have reached an age, after a very physically active and somewhat adventurous (not all sensible activities) life, where my physical ailments continue to pile one upon another in an ever growing list of problems that might need to be fixed surgically. Meant as a morbid joke.

Back
Top Bottom