NY Fall Colors Spectacular

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK that's enough oooo's and aaaah's its time for a reality check  folks, every night I come home to a golden yard and driveway, aaaah the colors are spectacular here in the Hudson valley in NY but after dinner I spend half the night raking and blowing all that darn color off my driveway! So if all on this post would like to come to my home and enjoy all my colorful maple trees you are welcome to come, I only ask that everyone brings a rake!

Ned said:
We passed the museum on the way in today.  When are you going to tour it?  We could meet you there.  We're in Rincon until Thursday, then we're going to the rally site.

Please convey our compliments to the Commander.  Let him know we're all proud of him.

Hi Ned,

Thank you. We will give the Commander your compliments. As Gary mentioned, we plan on being there on Tuesday, next week. Would be great if you could meet us there. We have passed this museum on every trip home and often said we should stop. This is the perfect opportunity and it's much more fun with Framily.

Jim

Tom and Margi said:
Right on, Ned!  Jim, please tell Jimmy that we, too, are very proud of his service to our country.

Margi

Hi Margi & Tom,

Thanks for your thoughts! He is a pure joy for any parent. He came home early today from Crystal City and was in his Khakis. I believe I counted 19 service ribbons on his chest. I'm not jealous but I can have three on mine!!! ;D ;D ;D

I only wish that everyone could meet him. He has it all together and is what every parent would want in an offspring. I'm sure I mentioned it before but he will be a Captain next spring. For those that don't know Navy rank, that's equivelant to a Bird Colonel.

Jim, just let us know what time Tuesday and we'll be there.  It's only about 10-15 minutes from the campground.  And there's a Camping World nearby too :)

I'll bet every one of those 19 ribbons has a good story attached to it.  You can tell us about your 3.

Jim has a couple hundred miles to travel on Tuesday, so he probably won't get there until mid-afternoon. I suspect we will actually do the museum on Wednesday rather than Tuesday. It will take more than an hour or two, I'm sure.

Wednesday is ok too.  We're registered here until Thursday.  Give us a call if you come down on Tuesday.

Jim Dick said:
... We have passed this museum on every trip home and often said we should stop. This is the perfect opportunity and it's much more fun with Framily.

I hear that's a good museum -- well worth the visit.

We're not coming up that far, unfortunately.  We're headed to Jekyll Island on Monday and then the rally on Thursday.

KodiakRV said:
I hear that's a good museum -- well worth the visit.
We're not coming up that far, unfortunately.  We're headed to Jekyll Island on Monday and then the rally on Thursday.
Oops.  I meant "the rally on Friday."

As promised, few pictures from northern NY, along the St. Lawrence.  It was a beautiful weekend, although it got down to 28F overnight.  Colors were at their peak.  Its apple picking time too.  Got a few right off the tree.  Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3172.jpg
    IMG_3172.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3185.jpg
    IMG_3185.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 21
Ned,

We just arrived in Florence, SC. As Gary mentioned, we are planning on doing the museum on Wednesday. Hopefully they will let us park there overnight tomorrow. We have about 170 miles to go to get there. Expect to arrive around 1:00pm.

Jim,

I called the museum to ask and the gal said that if you ask it sounded like off in a corner there would be room to park overnight but didn't ask if you could park for two nights.

Let us know what time on Wednesday and we'll meet you there or we can get together on Tuesday afternoon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnvista
Back
Top Bottom