OH Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MarshaLassen/CA said:
I also came to the conculsion that whether you live in a stick house or an RV, things are just gonna break.

Isn't that a fact Marsha. A couple of years ago, after Chris had commented repeatedly (nagged) about hearing "running water" while in one of our bedrooms, I asked a contractor to go under the house to look for a leak. He opened up the access to the crawl space and said "oh my!". I looked over his shoulder and saw a lake under the house.

Off to the hardware store to rent a submersible pump. Based on the flow rate of the pump and the time it ran, I calculated that I pumped 16,000 gallons of water from under the house.

When the pumping was done, I turned off the water at the street, put a couple of fans in the crawl space and we left on a planned 10 day trip. Came home, found and fixed the leak and had another campfire story with a tag line "will your house be OK when you get home?"

Ned said:
we've found that even the seemingly huge problems get resolved and in hindsight, they really weren't as big as they looked.

Very true Ned.

Solving these puzzles, like where to get service in a strange town on a weekend.....

That can sometimes seem like a daunting task at the time. In Paul's case, we need to remember that he's not only in a strange town, but in a "foreign country" several thousand miles from home.

Paul and Ann Marie are to be congratulated for overcoming all the problems they've encountered on their trip here.  Lesser people would have given up and gone home long ago.

Lets just pray for better things and times ahead.  Just think hoq fortunite we are to have these problems.  Bet a nickel to a stale donut their are at least 30 mil people that would love to be in ours shoes and having our problems. So lets just chaulk our errors, sometimes is judgelment too, up to experience and move on down the road as only we can.

Ned said:
Paul and Ann Marie are to be congratulated ....

They sure are Ned. Methinks they've earned the award for muddling through the most problems on a maiden voyage.

Thanks Ned & Tom

Unfortunately, you only get to hear of 1/3 the problems we've had.

I worry that by posting too much, I appear as a grumbling so and so who needs a good course of anti-depressants? ;D

When our fast-paced tour comes toward its end, I will try and compile a list of everything - I just hope your hosting package has enough space? ;D ;D

Paul

LOL Paul, when you're done we can compare lists.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom