Old RV'r, Newly single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claimbuster

Been rv'ing for 30+ years. Traveled around with big pull trailers, fifth wheels and a diesel pusher. For some unclear reason my wife lost complete interest in the rv life style about 6-7 years ago and hasn't traveled with me but twice since.  The break down of common interest continued and now I am a 69 y.o. single, about to become full-timer. I have down sized to a 27' pull trailer as a 36' MH with dinghy was just too big to get off the beaten path which is my passion. I love NM in the late fall so that is the first destination followed by Albuquerque for Thanksgiving with kids and grand kids. Then it's back to Dallas for Christmas, more kids and grand kids. After that I intend to follow the Texas Gulf Coast down to Brownsville and hang a right at the river. If I just keep following that river, I could be back with family again by Easter.

This is going to be quite a departure for me.  Single after 40 years and roaming the country full-time in an RV. I am looking forward to it. Wish me luck!

Good luck in your new travels.
Beware of those singles ads... ;D ;D

"Single female aged 65 looking for full time RV companion. Must be clean, handy, and non-smoker.
Send picture of RV "

It's always a little scary to be starting over, but it sounds like you are going to be doing something you love, and I have no doubt that this is the beginning of a great new adventure for you! Safe travels!

Damn women, can't live with them and can't kill them :)

Hope she misses you man and has a change of heart...

Hello

Good luck in your new life and travels

Happy and safe travels :)

Lesa and Jeff

Thanks everyone. As I get older change has become more difficult. But, I am certain I am not alone. As they say, I'm going to cowboy up and get in the truck!  :)

Change is just that, Change, and nothing more.

Now when you drive off, put a big smile on your face and sing "nuthin but the taillights" as you start you new adventure. Awesome times ahead!!!

Put a sh!te eating grin on your face and give a hearty wave as you drive off. Never let the EX see you sweat again.
What an adventure you have ahead of you!

Bill

As you travel, keep in mind that in almost every town/city you wind up in, look for singles events.  They are out there.
You don't have to wade in shoulder deep, but it is nice just to sit and have coffee with people in your like
circumstances.  You don't have to be alone ALL of the time unless you want to.

Rottkin2 said:
Congratulations! Better to be single and alone than married and alone.
i am in a similar situation and the quote above is so true. I just arrived here and plan on a tour in a RV.
Maybe we will cross paths in the future

Same thing happened here and the spouse and I decided after 40 years it was better to live apart and remain friends than
continue to live together and eventually start to resent the other person. Works well for holidays and visits with the children
and grandchildren. Also works well for my golf, motorcycling, and hunting and my plan to be full time rving in 2 years.

Best quote I saw to describe it and I am sorry but I forgot who said it for credit.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was being alone, it's not, the worst thing in life is being with people who make you feel alone."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVMan78
Back
Top Bottom