On the subject of Mende

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
In the FWIW category ...

I've occasionally seen "Mende" mentioned in a few topics and in RV product specs, the latter specifically referring to "Mende fiberglass walls". A little research (Google to the rescue) threw some light on the subject ...

Mende is a process used in the manufacture of thin (0.125-inch to 0.150-inch) continuously pressed fiberboard or particle board products. The resulting board is used to produce various composites, typically by laminating with one of a number of materials, including fiberglass, depending on the application. Here's another reference.

Curiosity got the better of me  ;D

I figured the tribe wouldn't have a lot to do with RV sidewalls  ???

(Finally) found "Mende"= Raw Mende Board (plywood with MDF crossbands)  (Ref: http://www.industrialplywood.com/15specials.html)

Tom said:
In the FWIW category ...

I've occasionally seen "Mende" mentioned in a few topics and in RV product specs, the latter specifically referring to "Mende fiberglass walls". A little research (Google to the rescue) threw some light on the subject ...

Mende is a process used in the manufacture of thin (0.125-inch to 0.150-inch) continuously pressed fiberboard or particle board products. The resulting board is used to produce various composites, typically by laminating with one of a number of materials, including fiberglass, depending on the application. Here's another reference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom