onan 4000 won,t give power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok guys now i;m confused the switch i,m talking about is in the converter box under my fridge in my 1988 pa you talk about ats  by breaker box at genny am i looking in the wrong place

Carl, Don't know for your Pace Arrow(?) but they can be hidden in many places. Your thread was hijacked and the  information following was referring to "George Lewis's" Bounder.... His ATS is found where Dennis and Lou said it is.

A quick look back did not reveal any statement "by the breaker box at the genny" to me but.... 

It sound to me like you had located it sometime back when you said  "...now push manually in converter the relay to the genny side and bingo full power to the coach ,release my stick holding switch on genny side of switch..." etc .  I think Waterdogs response on the 16th was the last one directed to your problem.

As Waterdog said, your diagram has very good instructions to trouble shoot your problem. The one question that remains in my mind, should you order the new part, does a new bridge and timer come with it ??? Hope so.....

(Carl, it would help if you placed the make/model of your rig in your signature (see Profile above) It took me a while to guess 1988pa might mean a "1988 Pace Arrow" (if it does...)).

Carl, you are looking in the right place. It is the switch (auto transfer switch) in your circuit breaker panel (just like the one shown on your drawing). Sorry for getting sidetracked.

have now ordered a new transfer switch and also a new bridge pot/time delay switch combination switch, my old bridge pot and time delay were seperate but now are combined.
I hope there is room in the converter for the new pot/time delay,no measurements given in order form from progressive dynamics.
The two items are $45.00 ea us. a total of $104.00 with taxes and shipping,I figured best to order both now as these parts are obsolete and when out of stock their gone.

I will also have to sort out wiring as new combo has 4 wires red ,black and two white while before both had leads going to transfer switch.
I am not removing old items from converter until i receive new items so i can match them side by side.
It should take 7 to 10 days to get.
i will let you all know how it turns out

carl

Thanks to  all who replyed
good news parts for converter arrived installed and work great now have genny power to coach.

Bad news while I was testing the system shore and genny a guy drives up and asked if I wanted to sell it and how much, I told him my price and it"s now sold ,transfer to be made on friday, deposit given to hold.
Thanks again to all
carl (crazycanuck)

Glad to hear you have it fixed, sorry to see it go. Are you are planning on getting another RV ??????

taking a year or so off plans are to take Denmark to st petersburg cruise (my ancesters are in cophanhagen) next august if my fathers health is ok, he's 96 last july.
so we'll take a 2 year break and see
carl

I am so glad I found this forum, and this thread. I had to replace the voltage regulator in my Onan 4000 as It would not stay running unless you held the start button in. Voltage regulator fixed that problem and am now not getting 110v to the house. I have been looking for some sort of switching device. I will be searching for that as soon as I drop the gas tank to find out why it is sucking air from the fuel line. I can stick the fuel hose in a gas can, and it runs fine. First big trip planned for the second week of June. ('93 Fleetwood Coronado)

"Dumb" question -- do you have over 1/4 tank of gas? Genny can't draw from the bottom 1/4 to leave enough to drive to the pump.

Ray

Madrat said:
I am so glad I found this forum, and this thread. I had to replace the voltage regulator in my Onan 4000 as It would not stay running unless you held the start button in. Voltage regulator fixed that problem and am now not getting 110v to the house. I have been looking for some sort of switching device. I will be searching for that as soon as I drop the gas tank to find out why it is sucking air from the fuel line. I can stick the fuel hose in a gas can, and it runs fine. First big trip planned for the second week of June. ('93 Fleetwood Coronado)

Does it have an automatic transfer switch, or do you have to plug the shore power cord into an outlet box in the shore power cord storage compartment?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom