One more problem...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning I contacted Jayco and advised them of the problems I have been experiencing with the dealer.  Their solution was to call them and ask why there is a problem.  I am pretty sure that will do no good whatsoever.  I asked them to hold off until I get my
RV back and then to call so it won't get delayed even longer.

We'll see how it goes.

True story.. Some years ago the CEO of GM was holding a press conference. He pointed to a reporter at random and ask if he owned a GM car.. YES A Chevrolet.. ANy problems.. Well Yes. Is the dealer fixing it..Uh. NO. he seems never to have the time  (or something like that) by the time the News conference was over the reporter's chevy had been picked up by a Porter. taken to the shop. up on the hoist and was being fixed. and fixed properly with the local customer service AREA manager and his supervisor watching to make sure that car got fixed and I mean RIGHT and RIGHT NOW.

It is not always what you know.. but WHO you know.

NOTE: that was one story I read the reporter's story.. I have one of my own.  And I've read many more 2nd hand that are like that.

mattcoker17 said:
This morning I contacted Jayco and advised them of the problems I have been experiencing with the dealer.  Their solution was to call them and ask why there is a problem.  I am pretty sure that will do no good whatsoever.  I asked them to hold off until I get my
RV back and then to call so it won't get delayed even longer.

We'll see how it goes.

Yeah, that has to be disappointing. My RV manufacturer has been far more responsive.

Keep at them. Squeaky wheel etc.  Not fair that you have to go to these lengths. :-(

Ok I will re-tell my other story.
As many know workhorse issued a recall for a "Clip" on a fuel line part (Pressure regulator it turns out) and because of the dealer not processing "All my warranty papers" like they promised I did not get the recall letter... part included.. Since I knew about it and I also had contact with Workhorse I did get a recall E-mail.

Went to local Workhorse Auth-Service center and said "I'ld like to get it done in 2 weeks" she ask "Did you get the part" I explained the above snd she said "We can't get the part that fast".  NOTE. this was a Chevy Dealer. it's a Chevy part for a Chevy ENgine. the recall was actually issued by GM nto Workhorse but via workhorse.

I told her make the appointment I'd get the part ..  Went home and called ALan (my contact at Workhorse) Turns out I was literally on his way homne.. He dropped the part off along with another business card. on his way home that evening.

2 weeks later I handed the part over to the service rep. Still attached to Alan's card.

Next time I had a problem the part was brought in fed-ex overnight and I had the RV back the next day.

I had a warranty issue with my fifth wheel, getting the run-around from both the dealer and manufacturer.

I set up a conference call between the dealer and Keystone and said, "Connecticut state law requires that I inform you that this call is being recorded." Keystone told the dealer to give me whatever I wanted. They even threw in some non-warranty items.

Well, my last post was on 9/19. I still do not have my trailer back.  I called Jayco back and requested they contact the dealer to see if that would help.  It didn't.  I just tried to call and find out when I can get it and got a voice mail box.  Not one person at the dealership answered the phone.

Rant over for today...

Well, I finally got my trailer back on 10/20/18. Just over two months to repair what they billed as 4.5 hours labor.  When I arrived to pick it up, one of the repairs had already failed (a repaired LP leak) and one of the outside covers had been broken off.  Additionally when I went inside to inspect, the backsplash on the kitchen slide out had de-laminated and was falling off (it was not in that condition when I dropped it off).

So, to the credit of the shop manager, he personally fixed all of the issues I listed above while I was there.  It took about 30 minutes. I was surprised it didn't take another month.

Here's what still bothered me....  While I was waiting, a salesman contacted me and asked if he could sell me a new unit (I am planning on upgrading to a 5er soon).  I told him I would not be doing business where I can't get even a simple repair done correctly or in a timely manner.  He seemed confused that I had a problem with the repair because after all it was done now..lol

He left and brought back the general manager of the dealership who could not stop apologizing.  I explained that a simple call back (I received one call back amidst the 28 messages I left) would have put me at ease and may have helped to explain why it was taking so long.  I also told him that his shop guy went as far to completely lie to me regarding the repairs and timeline.  The manager acknowledged the problem with his employee and apologized some more asking me to send him an email outlining the problem.

After it was all said and done, I paid the $100.00 deductable and took a working trailer home.  So that experience behind, I finally get to head for the hills one last time before it gets too cold!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvislivesontimbits
Back
Top Bottom