One travel trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosebud3

becomes the "first" of my 5 finalists!

Today I went to our local Camping World and saw Jayco's White Hawk 20MRB. I really like the layout. For a relatively small trailer you get a dinette slide, a sofa, and a Murphy bed. I had seen another brand with this setup but the bed mattress consisted of 3 "pillows." This is a regular mattress and is comfy. The sofa is very comfy. The dinette cushions are a little hard but I can live with it. You can actually stand at the bathroom sink without bumping your butt into something ;)

The only thing I really don't like are the way the windows open. You really can't get a cross breeze. But it is not a deal breaker.

I want to have no more than 5 on my finalist list when I am ready to buy in 1.5 yrs. Still working on my list I want to see in person. Looking for weights of no more than 6K.

Would like to hear from anyone who has this style windows in their RV. They open at an angle at the bottom - like you see on van sliding doors. Do you get any air in?

Thanks

Rosebud3 said:
Would like to hear from anyone who has this style windows in their RV. They open at an angle at the bottom - like you see on van sliding doors. Do you get any air in?

Thanks

They do let in air and keep the rain out.  Many TTs use them.

Yeah. It has some nice floor space for when the dogs want the floor over the bed and couch  :)

Disappointed there isn't any pass through storage under the bed area though.

Rosebud3 said:
Yeah. It has some nice floor space for when the dogs want the floor over the bed and couch  :)

Disappointed there isn't any pass through storage under the bed area though.
Ya..... well ....... finding the right RV is all about compromises....  ;)

Compromising  - yes. Learning from people here. The lists of must haves, would be nice, and deal breakers. Still reviewing on websites for the umpteenth time and so far nothing comes close for me to this Jayco.

The awning type windows are nice in the rain. The angle of opening does not have a linear effect on air flow, so the first 30%-40% of opening allows only a little air because the breeze hits the glass and deflects upward. When the opening gets to around 50%, air begins to go underneath and flow freely into the interior and the next turn of the crank makes a big difference.

A downside of the awning window is that the crank mechanism can wear and strip a gear. They are often made of cheap pot metal, so be careful about forcing one if it isn't turning freely. The sliding windows are a simpler mechanism and thus more trouble free.

Rosebud3 said:
Gary, do this windows open that much? I didn't try them.
I have those type windows in the bedroom of our coach. Ours open almost straight out but like Gary says, you have to be very gentle with them. If you try to force them straight out, that mechanism will break. I've broken 2 of them and they aren't easy to replace. We are now VERY gentle with them.

Thanks, Wayne. Makes me feel better knowing they open quite a bit. I was afraid they only opened up like the ones on my friend's van which only open about 2or 3 inches.

Back
Top Bottom