only have 30 amp power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweets said:
I can't thank everyone enough for your help!  I probably did give some inaccurate descriptions.  It is so frustrating trying to describe things that I really don't know what I'm talking about but situation is I have to do it myself right now.  After taking the cord ends apart & redoing & taking Transfer Switch cover off and tightening & making sure the contacts were clean & moving properly & wires were secure & then taking the Breaker Box apart & tightening all the wires & checking every wire I found for power I think I fixed it.  I'm not sure which thing did it, but it made it through the night and still have full batteries and AC's, microwave, water heater, etc., are working.

Again, thank you, everyone for being patient and giving me ideas of what to do.  I promise I will try not to be a pain in the behind!  This is the most AWESOME Forum!!!  If anyone is attending a dog show in the SouthEast please contact me and I would love to meet you. 

You can contact me through FaceBook (use it for work purposes) under Sweetie Kay/Professional Dog Handler.

Again, THANK YOU!
Sweetie aka "Sweets"
sounds great and  glad its fixed

It was likely a loose line connection.  I think when my converter died it was powered by one line only.  I was at a park and found low voltage on one line from their panel but line feeding converter was OK.  They had an electrician out to check it and he added a neutral bond which apparently was not required in AZ like in CA.  Glad you got it working.  When I was in the HVAC trade trouble shooting always included tightening all connections and fixed a lot of problems.

Last month my Monaco developed the same symptoms as Sweets is describing.  Exactly the same.  This was plugged into my home 220V 50 amp service.

I changed the supply breakers in the house, verified 220 V in the motorhome breaker box.  Appliances on line 1 were working fine but line 2 appliances had no power.

The problem turned out to be the " EMS ".  It didn't see the line 2 120 V voltage in the onboard breaker box.  The generator is controlled differently by the EMS than the shore power. The EMS assumes that the generator is always 2 legs of 120V so it doesn't get into the "power sharing"

Now, in the onboard breaker box,  120 V was available at both 50 A breakers but again, the EMS didn't see the voltage on Line 2 so it thought only 30 A was available and tried to share the available current on Line 1.

Being we were heading for Yellowstone the next day, I didn't replace the EMS but rewired a couple things to make it work.  Now I have to be aware of what electric is available and control what I turn on to prevent "kicking" the breaker.

I may or may not replace the EMS.

Ruffian
Keith
2002 38' Monaco Dip.

Before you replace the EMS, simply remove all 12v power form the rig for 20 seconds and then restore it. That will reset the EMS and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinapple
Back
Top Bottom