Oregon Coast in July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angnjake

Hello,

We will be along the Oregon Coast in July.  We'd like to be spontaneous with our choice of nightly stops.  What do others think about our chances of being able to get a spot each night in either state parks or private parks without advance reservations?

Thanks

We live in Oregon, now, so I'm not current on campground vacancy possibilities as I once was.  You can usually find room at Winchester Bay, just south of Reedsport, but you may have to boondock at the marina. 

Another ace in the hole is William M. Tugman State Park, http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_98.php.  It's on the inland side of Highway 101 and usually has vacancies.

Margi

Cape Blanco State Park is one of our all time favorite spots and I don't think they accept reservations so you'll just be competing with vacationers and it'll be a bit of a crap shoot.

Good luck.  Oregon is beautiful and has some of the best state parks in the country.

Rick

I pay $25 a year for a subscription to http://overnightrvparking.com/. I did a search on the Oregon coast and found dozens of places you can stay for free in a pinch. If you join mention my email and we both get an extra night for free. seilerbird at gmail dot com. I am going to be on the Oregon coast in July myself. I am doing the entire California/Oregon/Washington coast and taking all of June and July to do it. I almost never get reservations any where I go to keep my schedule more flexible.

BTW - If you have the chance about August 1st is the best wildflower display in North America at Paradise in Glacier National Park. But you will need reservations there at that time.

If you want the best for the least amout try this place....

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Tillicum_Or/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73919&topTabIndex=CampingSpot 
We stayed here in Sept and it is absolutely beautiful.  Right on the ocean but you will have to walk down the bluffs to get to the beach.  All paved sites and some have water and elec.  Look at the pics if they came through and the one looking out our living room window.  Try it... you will like it!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 37
I'll be on the coast as a tourist from June through August this year.  Linclon City for a month and then two in Florence.  We fell in love with the Oregon coast several years ago and this will probably be our last time there.

From my experiences as a CG host for three summers on the southern coast, I can tell you that it generally is fairly easy to get a site from Sunday afternoon through Thursday at state parks.  After that it becomes a lot more difficult.  Spontaneity at popular state parks in Oregon is somewhat like using five bullets in a six bullet revolver!

hi ang & jake

you may want to check out the SP website
http://www.oregonstateparks.org/searchpark.php

some SP take reservations, some don't (and those are 'first come, first served')

FYI; we tend to reserve because we have favourite spots at some SPs

regards, peter

Newport OR in July is hard to find space. reservations recmded. However, when they close the halibut season early, 2/3rds of CG depart!

Port of Newport Marina & RV Park
2101 Southeast Marine Science Drive
Newport, OR 97365
(541) 867-3321

sites:
6-12 east facing
13-26 north
27-36 west to bridge
37-42 south

Stayed at Cape Lookout state park last June/July and pulled right in.  We called in the morning to see if they had space, but they told us no reservations were available less than 48 hours in advance.  They could give me current status on sites available though and they were very helpful.  They did have sites when we arrived and we got a very nice full hookup site for around $20.  (It might have been $25?) We stayed at 3 Oregon State Parks last summer and all of them were fantastic!

Hope this helps!

Jeff Brown

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom