Outdoor Shower vacuum breaker parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewCamperguy

Hello,
I have recently sold a Dutchman trailer and bought a new Keystone and I am having a problem with the outdoor shower. I went outside on a camping trip and pulled the hose out of the box outside and when I came back in there was water shooting all over the floor under the sink! There is a part in the center of the outdoor shower box, it is a vacuum breaker of some kind and the hose to the outdoor shower connects to this! This part split in half, there is a rubber gasket inside of it! Can anyone tell me where I can find this part? I went to a trailer store today and the guy said I would be better off just buying a new shower box. He said this part might be hard to find! Can anyone tell me where to get this part? If you can buy it? Thanks! I can add pictures to better show what I am talking about! Thanks

Yes indeed it helps, I was wondering if I explained it right! On that diagram I need D rather than C, but I will order them both! Thanks!

:-[You are welcome NewCamperguy

You do know of course that you can still utilize your water system providing the outside taps are shut off. I am only saying that cuz the idiot typing this did not know that and he was probably tjhe same idiot that did not drain the shower properly prior to coming North in March !
prior to coming North in March. 

Things happen! That is why there are replacement parts! Some how or another, my elbow that connects to the vacuum breaker split in half and fell off? The water ran for about 25 minutes before we found it! Luckily the water went down to the bottom of the cabinet where the 30 amp cable is stored and the bottom of the cabinet acted as a bucket! I removed the water with a cup, 1 cup at a time!!! Hopefully no damage comes down the road, but I found it and cleaned it up quick! A little leaked out onto the linoleum and a little into the front bedroom carpet, but not bad at all, this could have been a real mess!

If you even need to re-replace it the item is somewhat common, The threads are a common 1/2 inch Iron Pipe Thread.. both inlet and outlet.  Nothing special about it at all save the size (most of those are 3/4 inch hose thread instead of 1/2 inch IPT)

Note. Worst ase you can adapt from 1/2 inch IPT to/from 3/4 garden hose and that will work too.

John From Detroit said:
If you even need to re-replace it the item is somewhat common, The threads are a common 1/2 inch Iron Pipe Thread.. both inlet and outlet.  Nothing special about it at all save the size (most of those are 3/4 inch hose thread instead of 1/2 inch IPT)

Note. Worst ase you can adapt from 1/2 inch IPT to/from 3/4 garden hose and that will work too.
Thanks for the tip, but I am horrible at plumbing! I do all my own work if I can understand what I am doing and with this, I am just going to use the OEM parts! The part is like $17 dollars shipped and it is so simple a caveman can do it!!  ;)

how hard is it to eliminate the vacuum breaker? They are put on per codes but in the real world you would probably never get a backflow condition where this would be necessary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom