Outraged Over My Campsite Being Searched Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mmm.. they look a bit more dangerous than the gang of wild bears that searched our backpacks (emptied) while we were in the tents nearby...

pkunk said:
Trap 'em and remove 'em!

Here in NC you can not ''move them''...... You can trap them but it is against the law to ''MOVE THEM'' to another place.  I had a problem with a cute little ground hog.  He came on our property and Willa would put out scraps of vegetables for him.  All went well until I found out he was diging up our foundation on the house.  I went to the FCX and bought ''repelent'' and it did not help at all.  I called the NC, Dept of Wildlife and asked about removal of the critter.  They told me that I COULD NOT REMOVE HIM FROM MY PROPERTY  and if caught removing or relocating him I would be fined as much as five hundred dollars.  They said I could shoot him and that is what I finally did.  I love animals but he was doing a good job of ''bulldozing'' my foundation under the deck so he had to go........
It made me sad but I did not want the deck to fall in .....

Same in New Brunswick, we are not allowed to relocate them.  I believe one of the reasons is disease control.  If the animal is sick and you bring it to a different area, you may contaminate other animals.

Same problem in Ontario. Not allowed to move them more than 1 km from where they are found/caught. Since I caught them coming out of my attic ... all four babies and a mother within 2 or three days I "persuaded" then to move to a remote location some 20 km away. It was a "voluntary" move and that solved the problem for that year. Next year ... same problem. They just ripped open the facia on the house and made themselves at home. I finally gave up and called in the Wildlife people. They managed to get rid of them all and secured the house with a 5 year guarantee that they won't get in again. All this for the poultry sum of $1000!!!!!

Gotta love Mother Nature ... she had one heck of a sense of humour. Raccoons aren't the only problem as the pictures will attest.

Attachments

• Racoon 1.jpg
    Racoon 1.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Squirrel.jpg
    Squirrel.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 16
I didn't remove them myself.  I called F&G and the ranger came and took them 10 mi. away to a better home. 

Back
Top Bottom