Outside TV removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaKM

After a year of searching, we just bought a pristine 2011 Adventurer 37F with 21k mi.  The original Jensen Tv?s work great over the air but here in Myrtle Beach area the cable company just went to an all digital format making them useless on cable. Wandering if anyone has removed the outside tv and how it?s done as it really seems to be cramped into the outside entertainment door behind the rubber weather stripping?

Are you sure your Jensen doesn't decode the digital cable channels? My years-old Toshiba flat panel that replaced the glass monster has that capability. I have no idea how to pull the outside TV, if nobody here can help you can call Winnebago Owner Relations.

Congrats on your new rig!

John Hilley said:
You just missed the deadline. All TVs after March 1, 2007 have to have digital tuners.
His new rig is a 2011, he receives OTA TV okay, it's the digital cable channels that his TV apparently can't decode.

Guess old age even has me seeing things wrong, could have sworn I read he had a 2007 and that he receives OTA didn't register. He just needs the proper cable box. He may be able to get some channels over cable with the QAM tuner in his TV, but only a few.

The 2 Jensen?s 1 outside and 1 in the bedroom along with an RCA in the living room all receive OTA fine but no cable signal. The Jensen?s are HD but apparently don?t have the QAM tuner. I?ve got the antenna booster turned off which I?m intending to replace with the Sensar Proscan. Have the same issue with a couple TVs in the house. Cable company offers set top boxes at a monthly cost but I purchased one online for $25 and it works. The thing about the outside TV is the solid mount that I?d like to change to the swing arm type for better viewing.

I can endorse changing the mount on the outside TV for better viewing, especially when it's sunny.  I picked up a good mount on Amazon for a reasonable price. One of your biggest considerations will be how much room you will have in the outside box with the new TV as the mount takes up some of that space.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom