Oven/Stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcrbtt

Is the a Item that can keep the Knobs from turning on even though the must be pushed in.

Because the first day after picking up the RV the Propane alarm kept going off and the third call to the dealer he asked if the propane was on.
when I looked at the stove 3 knobs were in the on position , turned the first two and the third one was the sparker and KABOOM, No more hair on my arm or any eye brows. I have had the propane off since then but noticed one of the knobs was back on. I may make something to block the knobs but is there anything on the market?

Glad to be alive......

Get it in to a dealer ASAP and have them look at.  Mine never move or change position.  I also have a fourth knob the does the sparking.

That is definitely abnormal and needs to be corrected, the sooner the better.

ArdraF

Yea back to the dealer immediately!  The knobs are all suppose to have a push to turn feature.  Something is wrong with yours if they keep turning on by themselves.

Back to the dealer and they need to do something to make up the loss of fuel, hair and scaring the HELL out of you.

Note to self...DO NOT TURN THE IGNITER KNOB IF THE ALARM IS GOING OFF.

Hey, I can imagine a situation where a person my find a knob or knobs set on like that... with an obvious 'leak'.... and in a panic turning the knobs the wrong way trying to turn them OFF.  Almost happened to me once when my youngest turned one of the burner knobs on like that when we weren't looking.

If it turns out that all is good...maybe look at the childproofing section for a knob 'lock'

One thing I've never done i turn the spark knob by accident.. On mine it is the left most knob and if I'm checking knob because I smell propane odorant (Has happened twice) Hands off that knob.. but do not feel lonely.. I posted the story of a fellow RVer who .. Well you lost the hair on you arms.. He lost leg hair.. Same story though. exactly.

I,ve caught myself in a bad habit of leaning against the stove,, and invariably I will turn a knob on only to be chewed out by the wife.>>>Dan

I accidentally turned on a burner last night.  Brushed against the knob just hard enough to push and turn it while I was hanging my dish towel on the oven door handle.  Fortunately, I noticed it right away and turned it off.

Back
Top Bottom