Owl Picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry N.

In the evening for several weeks now, a Great Horned Owl has often been sitting in a willow tree 93 yards from my back porch. While I've succeeded in getting several good, short video segments, last night I decided to see what I could get in a still. So I walked over there with my Nikon 7100 and got the Owl2_sm shot below.

But since I'm on this section, I thought I'd include a couple of other shots. One is during the windshield replacement on my 2016 Newmar Ventana, and the other is a sunset taken from my back porch on July 15.

Attachments

• Owl2_sm.JPG
    Owl2_sm.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Ventana Windshield_sm.JPG
    Ventana Windshield_sm.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Jul15 Sunset.JPG
    Jul15 Sunset.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 66
Owls are cool!  We have several around our place.  We hear them but rarely see them except at dusk.  Thanks for sharing. 

I love owls but find them hard to locate.  We sat watching one for ten minutes once and then realised it was plastic!!  ;D ::) ::)

jackiemac said:
I love owls but find them hard to locate.  We sat watching one for ten minutes once and then realised it was plastic!!  ;D ::) ::)

Tears running out of eyes...tooooo funny!

Oh by the way Larry, nice pictures.

I love owls, but have seldom been lucky enough to spot one during the day. You got a nice picture. But I am wondering what happened to your windshield. Road debris? Stress? It is a big expensive job.

UTTransplant said:
I love owls, but have seldom been lucky enough to spot one during the day. You got a nice picture. But I am wondering what happened to your windshield. Road debris? Stress? It is a big expensive job.
Thanks -- the owl cooperated nicely by staying put while I walked over there.

The windshield had been picking up small chips from rocks, etc, and had developed quite a few cracks over the last three years or so. So we decided to finally get the job done. State Farm covered all but the $500 deductible, and the guys changed it out right in my driveway in about 2? hours . I'm sure hoping that it's not as bad for the next few years, though.

I do wonder if leaving the blackout MCD shade down when it's parked contributed to the cracks from a heat buildup, so I'm trying it for now with just the mesh screen down for storage.

We love owls too. We have a couple of different ones in our woods. We hear them most evenings and actually a couple of times this week during the day.

My late wife was fond of children?s stories. One series, Pogo, had an owl character that she particularly liked. We have a print with an upside down sign on it saying ?The Wolery? and the text below says ?I am calling it this?.

So, our house was called ?The Owls Nest? and our internet domain is ?thewolery.us?

Back
Top Bottom