P Series- Autobrake problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GMascelli

After spending the summer in Ocean City, MD I decided today would be  the day to motor on home.  I was ready to roll from our site in short order.  Checked fluids, air pressure and the rest of my break camp list.  I started the Fleetwood Storm up and slowly crawled out of my site. I put the rig in park, got out and did another walk around.  I climbed back aboard and went to put the rig in reverse and nothing, the auot brake light stayed on and no movement.  Ok, Back to drive, light out and away I go.  Another stop and try at getting into reverse and the same thing, light on locked up tight.

With some planning (needed a fuel stop on the way home) I managed to get home after a 3 hour run north.  Of course I tried the reverse one more time when I pulled up in front of the house but again no luck.  I've read a bunch of info on the auto brake system but there doesn't seem to be a fix. MOst everything I read seems like trial and error.

ANyone have experience with this type of issue??

I've had the same problem on my 1997 Fleetwood Southwind.  So far it has been intermittent and hasn't caused any major problems.  With my luck it will cause a problem that requires my crawling around underneath the coach on the coldest rainy day of the year.  Yeah, probably one day after I've tweaked my back and caught a nasty flu. :-\

I would really appreciate any insights on what I can do to avoid this nightmare.

Thanks

There used to be a guy on rv.net named oldusedbear who was an expert on these systems.  I am not sure if he is still there, but if you go there and "search" for him, you may find some answers.

Good Luck!

Paul

Thanks for the tip Paul.  I managed to contact oldusedbear.  He sent me some useful info on this VERY common problem with mid-94 to 98 chassis.  I now know the source of the problem, a shift lever position sensing switch.  Haven't tried his solution yet.  I can forward the oldusedbear emails to anyone with a similar issue.

pixurit said:
Thanks for the tip Paul.  I managed to contact oldusedbear.  He sent me some useful info on this VERY common problem with mid-94 to 98 chassis.  I now know the source of the problem, a shift lever position sensing switch.  Haven't tried his solution yet.  I can forward the oldusedbear emails to anyone with a similar issue.

I know I'm dredging up an old thread here, but I'd sure like to see this solution of OldUsedBear's.  If anyone has received this information and would care to pass it along, Id sure be appreciative.

EDIT:  Aw heck, never mind.  Lookee what I found:

http://oemys-performance.com/skunkworks.htm#oub

http://oemys-performance.com/media/autopark%20brake%20replacement.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom