painting interior of 1989 class c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

family of 5

we have a 1989 class c that we are going to remodel and Im looking for some imput on painting the inside. All the rv's I've seen have wood colored cabnits I was thinking of painting them a light nutral color along with the walls what do you think?

I can't speak on painting cabinets (never done it), but my wife did paint our rear bedroom walls shortly after we bought our RV.  She used a heavy duty adhesive remover to get off all the original wallpaper and expose the bare walls, then painted with standard interior paint.  No big deal really.

Odds are your cabinets are some type of paper-veneer wood composite, e.g. MDF. If so, make sure the veneer is still well-adhered, sand lightly and then use a top quality primer such as the Kilz the Ernie suggested. And a good quality paint too. Paint does not adhere well to this type of veneer, so the primer is a necessity.

Hii Gary;  This is the 1st time I have even thought of this, but is it possible to repaint the walls of a 2000 5th wheel.  I also wanted to know if there is such a thing as slide-out replacement carpet.  As you can see I really want to redo the entire interior to make it more modern.  Any suggestions  Thanks Garnett

The slide out carpet is just off the roll carpet. The trick is- finding someone who knows how to install it.
I can help you. Tell me more about the rig.

Back
Top Bottom