PALO DURO CANYON RALLY, MAY 10-17, 2015 - CANYON TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Larry, as Ned says we're going back to Maine.  Reason we're selling the MH is that the state is not very RV friendly, and winter weather is brutal on them.  Our nephew has an apartment ready for us to move into, and no place to park the monster.  It was just another sign that it was time for us to leave the adventures.  We will miss it and all the wonderful people we have met along the way.  Our lives have been so enriched because of them.  But right now in our lives, we need the family more.  I'll pop in now and again to keep track of everyone, and we so encourage anyone coming to Maine in the future to give us a shout and maybe we can meet for a cuppa or dinner or something.  Thanks all of you for the many kind thoughts written here.  Love each and every one of you.

Daisy (and Fred, too).

Daisy and Fred,

We'll miss you when we travel west again, but do stay in touch here.  It just wouldn't be the same without you.

Yes, Ned will try to stay in touch.  We were so hoping to see you and Lorna again and so many others at Catalina, but just have to do it now and get settled in before the snow flies.  Much as we wanted to though, we just couldn't wait until everyone came back from their summer trips.  Who knows, we still have a daughter in Appleton, and maybe we'll get back there during the summer sometime.  Then we can catch up when you come North again. 

Daisy

I called this morning and made my RV site reservation!!! Can't wait to spend the week with all of you...My DH mentioned recently that he definitely wanted to go to the Moab rally in 2015 and then I learned from reading this forum thread that y'all have decided to go to Palo Duro....sounds great!  We'll be there with bells on, and a good deal of readiness for your fun happy hours and dinners! 
a couple of years ago when we drove our RV (at that time a spanking new Itasca Reyo...we've since put 25,000+ miles on it!) to the
southeast to visit friends, we had in mind to stop at Palo Duro but ended up flying by to a different destination. So I've always wanted to spend time at the Canyon...it'll be much more fun with all of you!  We don't tow a car, so we might have to hitchhike with some of you to get places while there, but you're always wonderfully generous.  See ya in May!

IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND AND ARE NOT ON THE LIST PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
I may have overlooked someone and we don't want to do that.  The Palo Duro Rally Crew
is busily looking into details, plans and schemes that we think may make the get together
more interesting and entertaining for all.  God Bless Texas  ! ! !

UPDATED LIST:  27 Coaches so far, and still counting.

1.  Akers George & Lucy        Lucyakers
2.  Beard - John & Susan          Oscar Mike"
3.  Beckers ? Gary & Darlene Becks?
4.  Bertram - Kim & Christi      Skyking4AR2
5.  Brewer - Terry & Betty
6.  Brucker - Gary & Maria
7.  Dane - Bill & Raymonda      Llib enad
8.  Dodd - Larry & Loretta        THE-Big Larry
9.  Down - Ray & Liza
10. Falchini - Steve & Dee        Steve N Dee
11. Ferguson - Gary & Coleen Taoshum
12. Fitzgerald - Ardra & Jerry
13. Kuch - Ken & Sheila
14. Lawrence - Mike & Wendy
15. Marabito - Ron & Shirley
16. Maxwell, Bob
17. Moser, Dave & Nancy          Gunny69"
18. Nesbitt - Don & Mary Ann
19. Larry and MaryAnn N.
20. Reiter - Ned and Lorna          Ned
21. Sherow - Randy & Debbie    AZRandy1
22. Stiskala - Jan and Lovely Olga Silly Monkey
23. Stock - Dean and Linda
Thomas - Fred and Daisy      fredthomas
24. Weimert - Frank & Barb
25. White - Ernie & Tara
26. Wishard - Henry & Margaret
27. Zeuch - Mike & Chrystal - ZMOTORSPORTS

Looks like Palo Duro is shaping up to be a large group. Good, more great people to meet.

Adding one more to the list.  I need to figure out how to make Word use Auto Number
instead of editing them each time.  Welcome SALTY ADVENTURER - Don & Susan Johnson.

UPDATED LIST:  28 Coaches so far, and still counting.

1.  Akers George & Lucy        Lucyakers
2.  Beard - John & Susan          Oscar Mike"
3.  Beckers ? Gary & Darlene Becks?
4.  Bertram - Kim & Christi      Skyking4AR2
7.  Dane - Bill & Raymonda      Llib enad
8.  Dodd - Larry & Loretta        THE-Big Larry
9.  Down - Ray & Liza
10. Falchini - Steve & Dee        Steve N Dee
11. Ferguson - Gary & Coleen Taoshum
13. Johnson, Susan and Don SaltyAdventurer
14. Kuch - Ken & Sheila
15. Lawrence - Mike & Wendy
16. Marabito - Ron & Shirley
17. Maxwell, Bob
18. Moser, Dave & Nancy          Gunny69"
19. Nesbitt - Don & Mary Ann
20. Larry and MaryAnn N.
21. Reiter - Ned and Lorna          Ned
22. Sherow - Randy & Debbie    AZRandy1
23. Stiskala - Jan and Lovely Olga Silly Monkey
24. Stock - Dean and Linda
25. Weimert - Frank & Barb
26. White - Ernie & Tara
27. Wishard - Henry & Margaret
28. Zeuch - Mike & Chrystal ? ZMOTORSPORTS

CANCELLED: :  Thomas - Fred and Daisy      fredthomas

1.  Akers George & Lucy            Lucyakers
2.  Beard - John & Susan            Oscar Mike"
3.  Beckers ? Gary & Darlene    Becks?
4.  Bertram - Kim & Christi          Skyking4AR2
7.  Dane - Bill & Raymonda          Llib enad
8.  Dodd - Larry & Loretta          THE-Big Larry
9.  Down - Ray & Liza
10. Falchini - Steve & Dee            Steve N Dee
11. Ferguson - Gary & Coleen  Taoshum
13. Johnson, Susan and Don  SaltyAdventurer
14. Kuch - Ken & Sheila
15. Lawrence - Mike & Wendy
16. Marabito - Ron & Shirley
17. Maxwell, Bob
18. Moser, Dave & Nancy              Gunny69"
19. Nesbitt - Don & Mary Ann
20. Larry and MaryAnn N.
21. Reiter - Ned and Lorna            Ned
22. Sherow - Randy & Debbie        AZRandy1
23. Stiskala - Jan and Lovely Olga    Silly Monkey
24. Stock - Dean and Linda
25. Weimert - Frank & Barb
26. White - Ernie & Tara
27. Wishard - Henry & Margaret
28. Zuech - Mike & Chrystal ? ZMOTORSPORTS

A short video clip I found on the Smithsonian Facebook page.  It shows some of the geography of Palo Duro, then branches off to some other interesting places in Texas.  Perhaps another Texas Rally will encompass some of these. . . .

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sc/web/series/701/aerial-america/videos/title/27253/how-buffalo-soldiers-paved-the-way-for-the-west

Sr Fox said:
Hey we are definite maybes if you will have us as this is right on our planned route to GA.
Fox & Cheryl

Happy to have you join our party in the canyon.  We look forward to getting acquainted.

Can I get your last name??  Will add you to the list.

Kehler but don't tell anyone as I have been on the run for about 14 years.  (Mother Nature is threatening to freeze my butt off if I go too far North)  :)

ps: Made the reservation online.  Looking forward to meeting ya'll

Sad for us that we will have to cancel this rally as we will have to be in South Dakota the first week in May.  Bummer ! So will be looking forward to seeing most of you in Q.

Bill Dane
99 CC  Allure

llib enad said:
    Sad for us that we will have to cancel this rally as we will have to be in South Dakota the first week in May.  Bummer ! So will be looking forward to seeing most of you in Q.

Bill Dane
99 CC  Allure

Bill, we will miss you guys in Texas.  Look forward to seeing you at the Q in a short while.  Travel safe!

Betty B,
    Sorry, but do not know how to send a private post.  Thanks for the information on S. D. renewal.       

Bill Dane
99 CC  Allure

llib enad said:
Betty B,
    Sorry, but do not know how to send a private post.  Thanks for the information on S. D. renewal.     

Bill, Just hit the little symbol under my name that looks like a place for  dialogue for  PM on RVForum  or hit the envelope to send me an email.

Betty

Chet18013 said:
Laurie & I are bummed that we will not be able to make it. We have to be in IN that week and then on to eastern PA by 1JUN for our grandson's graduation. The timing just didn't work for us.

Sorry to hear you have to bail out.  We will miss your shining countenance.  Travel safe.
We will see you again somewhere down the black top. . . .  All the best for a Happy 2015.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom