panic attack!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reniram

Settled in at the campground and all is well...the dw and I decided to trip to our local friendly Super W******t store for necessary groceries..upon our return,we discovered our immediate neighbors had packed up and left and holy cow  the roof A/C was not running!...heck.. it's 90* out here and No air!..I of course had the instant panic attack and had to run around and check all the circuit breakers and fuses and such...even got the book out to see if I had missed anything....then  DW bless her, said..look even the 110 receptacles are not working!...Yes...you guessed right...my lovely neighbor who had previously left the campground while we were away had also switched off my power at the box when he left!.....I hope it was an accident,but we do have two noisy motorcycles... ;D ;D

Don't feel bad.  I invited a friend to join us at a COE campground in PA and he did the same thing to us when he left early one morning while we were still in bed.  Some people say that Fred Thomas would not do on purpose but we are still wondering!!

Some folks just switch off everything... I do that if it's one box per site.. (but not if it is shared).

Rule #1 in trouble shooting.. Always check the no-cost stuff first.

John From Detroit said:
Some folks just switch off everything... I do that if it's one box per site.. (but not if it is shared).

Rule #1 in trouble shooting.. Always check the no-cost stuff first.
My uncle was in the appliance repair business, and I can always remember the stories he had, about people calling him because their washer, dryer, refrigerator, etc wasn't working.  The first thing he would check was switches and circuit breakers, and in one out of five times, something that was supposed to be switched on, wasn't.  Quick service call, even quicker money!

fredethomas said:
Jim;  What friend could ever have done that to you? 

Well, the Shadow knows ... and most off us old timers, too.  Did Jimmy ever get you back?

Ken & Sheila said:
Now don't be picking on my buddy Fred!
I've traveled with him and he never did that to me.

ken'

It's when standing still in one place that he really gets you.  ;D  We love you, Fred! 

Why would you go to a campground with two noisy motorcycles?  You can expect people to react in a negative way when you have no respect for others.

lynnmor said:
Why would you go to a campground with two noisy motorcycles?  You can expect people to react in a negative way when you have no respect for others.

So everybody can quit tippy toeing around and enjoy their trip in a way that suits them. Where is the respect for people that enjoy riding a motorcycle through the countryside? Just because some one wants absolute silence doesn't mean others can't enjoy themselves. I also think the noise of kids playing is a joyful noise??except maybe that one kid that likes to shriek like a banshee.

Bill

lynnmor said:
That pretty much sums up society today, everyone is offended by something, and everyone else is expected to not offend anyone else, at the risk of losing more personal freedoms.
The EPA is trying to stop backyard BBQ's.....
http://www.infowars.com/florida-man-ordered-by-city-to-keep-bbq-smell-from-leaving-his-property/

The Stars and Bars is now un-PC, because a loony-toon shot up a black church in N.C., and had a pic of him and the Stars and Bars on Facebook, so now guns and flags should be outlawed.  There was nothing wrong with the Confederate Flag, until the Liberals told the sheeple, there was.

The Muslim Terrorists are offended by Americans eating pork, so now bacon shouldn't be on the breakfast menu, because we don't want to offend ISIS.

And the list of personal freedoms and Constitutional Rights being taken away from us, gets longer and longer, soon we won't have any!

You can have my BBQ grill, when you pry it from my cold dead hands......

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/backyard-burger-and-wiener-roasts-targeted-by-epa/article/2561474

Sorry, I just didn't realize removing mufflers from a motorcycle for the sole purpose of annoying others was a freedom.

driftless shifter said:
I also think the noise of kids playing is a joyful noise??except maybe that one kid that likes to shriek like a banshee.

Or 6 to 8 kids in a campground pool yelling Marco Polo for up to an hour.

Just because some one wants absolute silence doesn't mean others can't enjoy themselves.

Is that "absolute silence" vs. hurting someone's ears (literal pain, sometimes)? Where do you draw the line about noise pollution?

driftless shifter said:
Where is the respect for people that enjoy riding a motorcycle through the countryside? Just because some one wants absolute silence doesn't mean others can't enjoy themselves.
One morning I was rudely awoken at 6:30 am by some idiot on a Harley without a muffler riding it through the campground. That is just about as rude as it gets.

lynnmor said:
Sorry, I just didn't realize removing mufflers from a motorcycle for the sole purpose of annoying others was a freedom.
It may not be a Constitutional Right, but it is a freedom!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom