Paying cash on new 5er

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BLWRPWR said:
You are buying at the peak of the season. If you can wait until next winter you will get a better deal.  The dealers and salesmen get real hungry in the winter. Especially in the snowy states. And in our case, here in Bend Oregon, cash was king. Used 2014 Greyhawk , did our research, did more research, bought in February, went in with cash and got a great deal.

We live in Bend, OR too and are looking for a 35-40' fifth wheel bunk house for full-time travel with our two kids. What dealer did you go with? Maybe we are looking at the wrong time of year.

Summergirl488, We ended up at Big Country. Had'nt gone there, heard they were expensive. Shopped online all over the country. Were going to go to Johnson RV up by Sandy. For the heck of it we stopped in Big Country and found what we wanted. Still went up to Johnson RV(let Big Country know that). Waited a couple of weeks. Big Country called numerous times. Went back in to Big Country and got a good price(had done our homework). Middle of February, salesmen at both places said business was slow. They were more willing to deal. Its a compromise. Seller has a right to a fair price, and buyer should come away feeling he got a decent deal.

SeilerBird said:
Gods Country said:
Personally I would tell the dealer to stick it, and go buy a very lightly used near new unit, from a private seller.
You will save thousands and get avoid their BS games. 

That is the best advise yet. And you will save the hassle of dealing with the dealership with your warranty items. It is much smarter to have a mobile mechanic come to you rather than take it to the dealership where it will sit for months waiting for parts to arrive.

Agreed 100% with all of the above.  I refuse to play dealer/debt games.  I've bought and sold my last several RV's and cars through private owner deals and have saved a lot of hassle and even more money!  :)

Back
Top Bottom