Pennsylvania to Vermont, NH and Mass.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

Thanks for any "must sees."  Heading to Ben and Jerry's.  I have a rare disease icecreamism.  Then over to mount Washington - we are doing the train up the mountain for my 6 year old.  Then down to Boston.  Already have the freedom trail and "Old Iron Sides" stuff on the books.  Maybe some whale watching if its the right time of year (next week). 

Any other ideas?  I know, I know Acadia but just too far for this trip. 

thanks!

Take atleast a day around Portland. Very laid back area. Visit old town just walking around. Then there are several old forts and lighthouses to see. We did it all in a day. Worth a stop.

Icecreamism  = Herrells, downtown Northampton, MA off of 91.  Grab lunch or dinner at one of the great restaurants and then hit Herrells.  It gets lines in the winter, it's that good.

Youngster in the White Mountains...go to Clark's Trading Post (must see/do).  Walk "The Flume".  Woodstock-Lincoln have fun things for visitors.

I've never taken the Cog up Mt. Washington but have driven up 3 times. That's really enjoyable.
Think about going to see Strawberry Bank in Portsmouth NH.

Portsmouth, NH. You can do a harbor cruise or visit the Isles of Shoals (Isles of Shoals Steamship Company).

Hampton Beach, NH or York Beach, ME. You can't be this close to the ocean and not go to the beach!

Fort McClary in Kittery, ME. Million-dollar view of Portsmouth Harbor, absolutely free. The place to go for a picnic lunch.

Call before you do the Ben & Jerry's factory tour and make sure they're running production that day. Otherwise the tour is barely worth the price. Oh, and don't forget to check out the "Flavor Cemetery"!

In Boston - the New England Aquarium.  Duck Tours if you're interested in doing a tour of Boston.

Check out the Shelburne Museum in Vermont. It?s just a little ways outside of Burlington. We sort of stumbled on it and could have spent the entire day there.  They have everything from a steam ship and lighthouse (both on dry land!) to a train station with engine and cars, a covered bridge, antique wagons and large collections of art, silver, glass and most anything Americanna that you can think of.

If you go to Hampton Beach NH you can camp at the state park in the field for $30/night. A full hook up site is impossible to get.
The beach is right there and you can walk to the boardwalk in about 5 minutes. We go there every other week.
<----Actually that where our RV is parked in the pic. In front is the sand dunes and the beach. Behind there are a bunch of
boats that do all sorts of things and to the left down the street a spell in the boardwalk. Oh and on the right is a river which you can fish.
David

Benwa Clan said:
If you go to Hampton Beach NH you can camp at the state park in the field for $30/night. A full hook up site is impossible to get.
The beach is right there and you can walk to the boardwalk in about 5 minutes. We go there every other week.
<----Actually that where our RV is parked in the pic. In front is the sand dunes and the beach. Behind there are a bunch of
boats that do all sorts of things and to the right down the street a spell in the boardwalk. Oh and on the left is a river which you can fish.
David

Opps

Back
Top Bottom