Pex A vs Pex B ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpencerPJ

What's your opinion? I recently got a Pex B crimp tool, I'm reconsidering based on less pressure drop and higher burst pressure. I have a 'replumb' job I plan to do in my sticks house.

I replumbed our then new to us house a couple of years ago with the help of a 70+ year old handyman and went with PEX A and a $100 manual expander tool, if I had to do it again, I would probably invest the $400 in battery powered expander tool. The manual tool is not bad for small jobs, but is hard to get into tight spaces, and needs a lot of upper body strength for 1 inch fittings, 1/2 inch is fairly easy, and 3/4 inch will wear you out if you have many to do. However 1 inch makes you worry you are going to snap the arms off the rather substantial tool.

PEX A is best for areas that will see a lot of unprotected below freezing applications. In NY I would have used PEX A if it was allowed. Here in SC PEX B is fine. Once the flow restrictors were removed from the showers and faucets there was no flow issue. Granted, I did not do either job as pros did it but working on our travel trailer is the same just minus good fittings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom